I liked him when he wasn't a god
NO implications of romance with Koyomi. I don't understand why everyone thinks she and Haruto should have been together. Their relationship, while somewhat understandable (Haruto latches onto her as the only other survivor of the ritual) was clingy, creepy, co-dependent and blatantly disturbing. I would like it if the show had highlighted this and/or had Haruto come to realise it for himself.

Give Koyomi much more presence in the show and have her stay in the role she initially occupied: Haruto's assistant who was more assertive, not just constantly dependent on him. Also acknowledge that her being dependent on Haruto to live is a BAD thing - her situation is basically the reverse of Nitou's.

While I like Shunpei as he is, I'd tone his wackiness down a bit and let him question/challenge the situation more: I think one of his best moments as a character was calling Haruto out during the arc about Haruto's teacher.

Allow Rinko to act as a police officer in situations where it's reasonable that she would; rather than sidelining her or making her hold back so the Riders could shine.

Give Mayu her own suit and allow her to achieve her goal of taking down Medusa. If Medusa must be betrayed by Fueki, have him show up with Medusa expecting him to save her, but he just stands there and lets Mayu finish her off.

I think the idea of four wizards being needed for the new ritual was decent, but Yamamoto/Yuzuru were introduced too late and were basically just suit-stuffers. I would come up with something else regarding the ritual, cut Yamamoto entirely (or have him as a "guest of the week") and relocate Yuzuru to a guest character.

Plant some sort of foreshadowing regarding Fueki so that Wiseman/White Wizard doesn't turn out to be this complete stranger we've never seen before. Make it less obvious that Wiseman/White Wizard are the same person.

Some of the Phantoms of the week would be female. It's absurd that there were only ever two female Phantoms when we saw several of them during the eclipse ritual, and when this show comes on the heel of W and OOO, which had a roughly equal balance of male to female monsters of the week.

Cut Kizaki for no other reason than that I can't stand him.

Not much. I don't mind about how Wizard turned out. It was far more original and realistic than high budget series like Harry Potter. I'd probably make Haruto and Koyomi be together because they built up such a love interest between the two. Would love to see a more detailed Nitou. I don't mind about the 3 Mages, it's not like Mayu's form had to be different that the generic mages of the Magic Land. But I'd still love them to have more original suits. But remember... Budget is limited. Anyway, I'd also love to see more elements. As a Rider, Wizard and his forms are perfect for what he is supposed to be. I'd just change the way he gets the Infinity Ring. I found it weird and it would be far more realistic if they instead found it as a crystal and then forged it into a special ring, but that would mean a change on those 2 episodes. I'd also change the way he gets the rings. It always seems like these two ways : 1) Gets beat up by the MOTW, but Shunpei comes running and gives him a new ring with which he defeats his enemy... 2) He first gets the ring as the rings are payment and later uses them. I'd also change his weapon... I just don't like the idea of a Wizard having a gun. A sword sure, but a gun no... It would be far better if he had a stuff that could become a sword (kinda like Maji Red's weapon) and depending on his form the stuff can create elemental projectiles (fire for the fire form, water for the water form, etc.).

Their relationship, while somewhat understandable (Haruto latches onto her as the only other survivor of the ritual) was clingy, creepy, co-dependent and blatantly disturbing. I would like it if the show had highlighted this and/or had Haruto come to realise it for himself.

There's nothing wrong with being co-dependent. :eyebrow: But yeah, Haruto and Koyomi ideally would've been an older brother, younger sister relationship. Romance would eventually end up being creepy considering the way he was treating her.

On the show itself, the idea of despair was really handled poorly. It made it seem that despair was the result of lack of character. At least the victims should've been more relatable in that sense.

Wizard's styles are almost like Harry Potter.

Too bad they could've been mixed like that and....
- Doctor Strange
- Devil May Cry
- Iron Man's Mandarin due to the rings
- Fairy Tail
&
- Fullmetal Alchemist

Wizard's styles are almost like Harry Potter.

Too bad they could've been mixed like that and....
- Doctor Strange
- Devil May Cry
- Iron Man's Mandarin due to the rings
- Fairy Tail
&
- Fullmetal Alchemist

So a deity-calling, ring-wielding, nakama power evoking, equivalent exchange-believing, whatever is in DMC wizard? Yeah, that clusterfck of a design is gonna be greaaaaat. They're all vastly different themes.

"Training."
After like 15 -20 or so episodes the Phantoms because incredibly uncreative/boring in their methods. A lot of them tried to scare the victim of the week with death to drive them into despair. It became quite boring. :laugh:

As for writing changes...I would've made sure Koyomi and Haruto's relationship was well developed. The final arc of the series needed the audience to relate to Koyomi, to cheer for her and to recognise her importance to Haruto. She was absent throughout most of the series, thus her "death" didn't make much of a impact.

So a deity-calling, ring-wielding, nakama power evoking, equivalent exchange-believing, whatever is in DMC wizard? Yeah, that clusterfck of a design is gonna be greaaaaat. They're all vastly different themes.

Well the series mostly.

The Phantoms would've been better if they had more generals like the Greeed.

Some would become mages despite being Phantoms.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
There's nothing wrong with being co-dependent. :eyebrow: But yeah, Haruto and Koyomi ideally would've been an older brother, younger sister relationship. Romance would eventually end up being creepy considering the way he was treating her.

I don't mean a relationship where both partners complement each other, but that sucking, clingy, needing, desperate, can't-live-without-'em kind of dependency. It is not healthy, it is not good for anyone, and I'm sick of seeing people romanticise it in Haruto and Koyomi. Plus the fact that Haruto literally decides whether Koyomi lives or dies means they can never be on equal or fair ground; our knowledge that Haruto would do anything to save her doesn't balance that out. It is the moral equivalent of having the show hook up Nitou and Chimera.

Not much. I don't mind about how Wizard turned out. It was far more original and realistic than high budget series like Harry Potter.

Aside from them being completely different stripes of fantasy (this is like me comparing Charmed to Discworld, for instance) what do you feel is "realistic" about Wizard or indeed any Kamen Rider series?

Lurker
1. Haruto and Koyomi being a couple by the end. If they were in romantic relationship, the conflict with Koyomi's daddy Fueki would of been a lot stronger and would work well.

2. Eliminate some of the rings, I would keep all the form change rings but some of the attack rings are so useless (dance, smell, sleep etc..) take those out.

3. Nitoh would die at the end, his character was so boring, death would of helped the story.

4. Gremlin should of been darker, he was a female serial killer but that didn't add to much in the show. Make him more threatening and crazy like him killing Beast.

5. Shunpei and the Old man who makes rings. Scrapped.

6. The Mages should of been the Riotroppers of the show. White Wizard would have legions of them to fight Haruto instead.

7. Actually have the Phantoms despair some of our bi weekly guest characters. They always lose, its so pathetic. Guest characters could of turned into phantoms.

that's kind how i would redo it myself if i rewrote wizard

Professional Chef and Entertainer
Instead of Haruto having 4 forms, I would have that there are are four Wizards, one for each of the elements. Them all joining forces together creates the All Dragon Form for Haruto and it is his failure to save a Gate that causes the Infinity ring to be born. M

i double this one, because it would have made The Sabbath near at the end of the series make much more sense. it should have been like Gaim in some cases, Maybe their should have been 4 Riders with Each Belt(Wizard Driver, Beast Driver, and Shiroi Mahoutsukai Driver), and all use the same four elements.