If Final Fantasy 9 will have a remake, Should they stick with the chibi art style?

Final Fantasy 9 characters are intentionally short. He is short compared to Cloud and Bartz but it doesnt mean the art style short as he was in FF9.
images

The art style of Final Fantasy 9 is chibi and the characters are canonically short but I think we can have short characters without having the chibi looks. I want the heads to look smaller so they will look proportionate. Keep the characters short dont give them the midget look.
f5d833310fc2378cc6de526edd29167f.jpg

final_fantasy_9_garnet_pack_by_riccochet2005-d6nrusw.jpg

Should Final Fantasy 9 keep the Chibi art style if this game will have a remake? Or Do you want to keep it because the characters are canonically short. It is a game that is loved by the 2d era fans despite of being 3d.

Personally, I have nothing against FFIX as a game but because I really loved it. But after beating FFVII and FFVIII, I went in FFIX expecting the same or better visuals. So you can imagine how shocked I was when I first saw the cartoonish aesthetics of FFIX.

I think the chibi art style that they chose to use for FFIX, was what partly contributed to it's charms. If they decide to do a remake of FFIX, I would prefer they just keep the aesthetics as they are.

I have no problem with the workings of the game in particular but if they are going to do a remake of Final Fantasy IX, I would really love it if SE went with the aesthetics similar to the ones in VIII. The modern-like graphics would get more gamers to play on the go instead of second guessing the game.

Personally, I have nothing against FFIX as a game but because I really loved it. But after beating FFVII and FFVIII, I went in FFIX expecting the same or better visuals. So you can imagine how shocked I was when I first saw the cartoonish aesthetics of FFIX.

I think the chibi art style that they chose to use for FFIX, was what partly contributed to it's charms. If they decide to do a remake of FFIX, I would prefer they just keep the aesthetics as they are.
Hi. Totally agree with you.

I would say they could stick to the chibi art style in the remake of this game- but a lot of people were put off by the childish characters of this game, and so they dismissed this FF9 game because of the aesthetic. Once people try this game though, this game becomes their favorite game. I think though the chibi character designs are what really add to charm of this game, but they could enhance the visuals some more.
maxresdefault-1505863590275.jpg

I would say they could stick to the chibi art style in the remake of this game- but a lot of people were put off by the childish characters of this game, and so they dismissed this FF9 game because of the aesthetic. Once people try this game though, this game becomes their favorite game. I think though the chibi character designs are what really add to charm of this game, but they could enhance the visuals some more.
View attachment 341
You are right, most people that hate FF9 did not even give it a chance. They probably tossed it aside after seeing the aesthetics. I'm pretty sure if those that haven't played FF9 decide to pick it up today, they would be surprised to how this is one of the best in the Final Fantasy series.