I use to be famous – Former Boyband member finds his second chance with fame through an autistic drummer

Staff member
What I used to be famous could be the game changer for Ed Skrein’s career. He is mostly typecast for villain roles, but this time he takes the lead. Since this is a Musical, you will also get to see him sing. Director Eddie Sternberg first created this movie a short film back in 2015 but he decided to finally turn it into a full motion picture.
I used to be famous is a Netflix original musical drama that shows Ed Skrein in a different light. It is also the launching film for Leo Long, who is a real-life autistic drummer. Actors used to want to play differently-abled people because they were Oscar bait. But now in modern times, an actor with no autism playing a role on the spectrum will be seen as offensive. Zia and Maddie Ziegler learned the hard way. Now that Hollywood has actors on the spectrum, people with no autism cannot play such roles anymore.
I used to be famous official trailer!

When Vince...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm delighted that an unknown autistic lad like Leo Long was given the chance to star in a movie because there are many undiscovered individuals with wonderful skill like him in the world.

This trailer is lovely in every way, and I support the movement toward inclusiveness. I'm so sick of seeing people without disabilities given roles that are meant for people with disabilities because they want to win an Oscar.

She took the kids Ryu
Ed Skrein's ability to sing and play in a musical movie has me in awe. Due to the roles he has performed in previous films, I assumed he was solely an action movie villain but I was proven wrong.

Entertainment Enthusiast
I'm prepared for this to be one of those heartbreaking films. I was surprised to see that despite frequently playing the villain, he has a wide range as an actor. He made a lasting impression on me as Ajax/Francis in Deadpool.

M

Mikelo

It's quite impressive seeing him play a good guy, with this new kid in picture I can see something...!