I played the remake and I loved it. I found out that it only covers the 1st quarter of the original game so this will be longer than the original. I have no plans of playing the original because the graphics are way too dated for me but I am curious to know what are the differences with the original and remake? What are the changes they made?

Is the remake a copy paste version of the original's plot?

Me to, My first Game is Final Fantasy 10 and I never played any games that are older because I am not comfortable with bad graphics.

In the original characters like Jessie, Biggs and Wedge bare got development while they are people with hopes and dreams in the remake. Characters like Madam M and Chocobo Sam are not in the original. I still see the original as a classic, I like the battle system more than the hack and slash mechanic we had these days.

Sephiroth have more appearances here compared to the Midgar section of the original. Midgar is also more expanded because in the original Midgar is like a quarter of the first disk.

Me too, I am not yet born when the OG was released. So Final Fantasy VII remake is my first game. After enjoying it I decided to buy Final Fantasy XV and XIII. I am interested of playing all of the 3d era games of the series. I will only play the 2d ones if they will get a 3D remake. I am just not into super old games. The original VII looks awful and it has no voice acting.

Why are young people so discriminating of old graphics. I was like fascinated when The OG is the first game in the series that is 3d. The pixelated Cloud Strife was realistic for my young self since I grew up with 8 bit pixel games.

I played both original and remake and I can say the remake is better even if its not yet complete.

I am younger than you and I get to play the original because I am not closeminded. I want to experience history so I play vintage games. I always play games from the first one before playing the latest installment. I always catch up!

Kiddos, You need to give the original a chance. It is a piece of gaming history. You wont be enjoying the remake you have today without the original.