I need help guys.. Copyright claim..

Black Ranger RX

I don't have low self esteem.
OK!! I've just got an email from YouTube, saying..

Dear SushiSunshine2000,

Your video "[The Mimi Show] Tekken Tag Tournament (PlayStation 2) - Part 1" has been matched to gameplay content from BandaiChannel, but it’s still available on YouTube! In some cases, ads may appear next to it.

This claim is not penalising your account status. Visit your Copyright Notices page for more details on the policy applied to your video.

Yours sincerely,
- The YouTube Team

I'm confused. I thought it was Namco that owned Tekken, not Bandai. What's going on?

Cyberman|00

VAMOLA!
Have you seen this logo before? *facepalm*

th_Namco_Bandai_Games_Logo.png

Namco Bandai Games Inc. (NBGI) (株式会社バンダイナムコゲームス Kabushiki Gaisha Bandai Namuko Gēmusu?) is an arcade, mobile and home video game developer and publisher based in Japan which is the product of a merger between the video game development divisions of Bandai and Namco.

How come you asked us instead of google it yourself?

Black Ranger RX

Have you seen this logo before? *facepalm*

th_Namco_Bandai_Games_Logo.png

Namco Bandai Games Inc. (NBGI) (株式会社バンダイナムコゲームス Kabushiki Gaisha Bandai Namuko Gēmusu?) is an arcade, mobile and home video game developer and publisher based in Japan which is the product of a merger between the video game development divisions of Bandai and Namco.

How come you asked us instead of google it yourself?

I am aware of "BandaiNamco" but I am also aware Bandai and Namco exist as seperate companies. I have played Tekken Tag Tournament loads of times and never have I seen a Bandai logo anywhere in the game.

So does this BandaiNamco thing mean that Bandai owns Tekken and whatever franchises Namco might have and Namco might possibly own some of Bandai's franchises? Because I do not remember Namco having anything to do with Power Rangers for example..

Because I've played Tekken Tag Tournament loads of times and I never seen a Bandai logo anywhere.

Plus I've hard lots of stories about big companies claiming copyright of videos they don't own..

Red Ranger

I am aware of "BandaiNamco" but I am also aware Bandai and Namco exist as seperate companies. I have played Tekken Tag Tournament loads of times and never have I seen a Bandai logo anywhere in the game.

That's because TTT came out before Bandai and Namco merged.

Black Ranger RX

That's a really nice Futurama gif.
Pardon me but don't you have something useful to do instead of make a stupid comment?

Yet you posted a pointless Futurama gif?

Anyway, a really nice person on FaceBook has explained it to me, he said that Namco and Bandai have merged but in some countries they still exist as seperate companies. It's all been sorted out now.

Just deleted the video and you are all good ok

Sorry but that would be completely defeating the purpose.

Aoi Kurenai

Mad Skillz
Pardon me but don't you have something useful to do instead of make a stupid comment?
Cut it out, if you're not going to make a constructive contribution to the thread, don't reply. Your first post was helpful but now you're just acting like a troll. Make another pointless post like that again and I'll delete and hand you an infraction.

Black Ranger RX

Apparently in his mind, just posting nothing more a gif doesn't count.

So he's spamming then?
Why would it defeat the purpose because your still using clips that you recored off a game with out permission?

Of course it would defeat the purpose. This is YouTube. What's the point in not uploading videos to YouTube? That's like not sticking bread in a toaster and not making toast.

So I didn't ask for permisson from that game company? Well are you going to tell this to the Angry Video Game Nerd or something? Millions of people on YouTube are uploading game clips without the game company's permisson. And besides that, from what I heard (unlike Toei and Viacom), these video game companies aren't surposed to give a crap about people uploading game clips because they see it as free advertisement.

KingRanger

Banned
Cut it out, if you're not going to make a constructive contribution to the thread, don't reply. Your first post was helpful but now you're just acting like a troll. Make another pointless post like that again and I'll delete and hand you an infraction.

And here I thought HJU frowned upon and did not delete posts. I mean I get the infraction parg, but freely admitting HJU deletes posts of it's users. Ah well carry on :thumbs::anime:

So he's spamming then?

Of course it would defeat the purpose. This is YouTube. What's the point in not uploading videos to YouTube? That's like not sticking bread in a toaster and not making toast.

So I didn't ask for permisson from that game company? Well are you going to tell this to the Angry Video Game Nerd or something? Millions of people on YouTube are uploading game clips without the game company's permisson. And besides that, from what I heard (unlike Toei and Viacom), these video game companies aren't surposed to give a crap about people uploading game clips because they see it as free advertisement.

Uploading clips is one thing, using footage for a parody video is another. And the company does own all rights to anything on either kind of video, so I believe they can do what they want with said footage.

Some companies don't care others do care.

Khaiden

Heroes are forever
But admit it! You were rude!

Ok, sorry sorry, random comments in threads have been much worse here.

You might want to make a back-up account RX.

Latest News

Who's on Discord?

Latest posts