I haven't done one of these in a while. I actually like Power Rangers Samurai, but at the same time, it has a lot of glaring problems. Some of the stuff I list are either things that everyone complains about, or stuff that only bothers me.

1) Characters: The main cast seem a little too similar to Shinkenger. I would have actually like it if some of the roles were reversed: Mike as the serious and loyal subject and Kevin the laid back and jealous rival to Jayden, just to name a few. Have Mia be a good cook and Emily more confident. For Jayden, I like it would have been better is he acted cocky and arrogant. He cares about everyone and wants to stop the Nighlok, but brags that he is the best and he knows it.

2) Acting: Say what you want about Antonio and Deker, at least their actors seem like their enjoying themselves. Everyone else seems so wooden, I thought I was in the Star Wars prequels. Bulk and Spike some a good job sometimes, but it feels like Bulk is just waiting to get his pay check.

3) The Alternative Modes: I know they were created for toy sales, but they serve no function outside of using the Megazord. This wouldn't bother me as much if they didn't do it to the Battlizer. I am a major defender of the Battlizer, and they turned it from a really cool suit of armor into another useless power up.

4) The Villans: Xandred is the worst main villan in Power Rangers history. He makes Divatox look threatening by comparison. The only villian who seems like an actual threat is Deker. Actually, they should have make Deker the real mastermind and Xandred the Kagemusha. The final battle will be a Megazord battle against Xandred with the other Rangers, and a duel between Jayden and Deker. But that would never happen.

If there are any points that I miss, leave a comment.

I still like the series, but I can't help but poke fun at the problems.

Bandito Shake Cometh
Was Deker ever really threatening? The guy had duel performance anxiety every 2 seconds. Amen on Xandred being a terrible villain.

I'm catching up on Super Samurai and there's a few decent episodes sprinkled in the mix. The Strange Case of the Munchies wasn't bad.

Everything else ranges from forgettable to insulting to depressing.