I just finished wat hing Ryuki, and I don't understand something

D

Dr Kain

Ryuki not having all 13 Riders on the TV series is because of time constraint. If they really want all 13 appear, most of them will probably die within 2 or 3 episodes like Scissor. The only thing that I can think of with the 3 missing Riders in the TV series is that they are killed off screen sometime before the last arc.

Also about that kid thing, isn't it Ren is the one that the kid stalked?

You might be right, it has been a long while since I've seen that episode.

And that is probably what they should have don, had a few riders only be there for a few episodes. Or, not bothered with the whoel Alternative characters since they were an utter waste of time.

^ I wouldn't go that far. They provided a good conflict for Shinji: whether to help them in their common goal at the cost of his friend, or to oppose them to save said friend but let the War continue.

However, I do think that Tiger's heel turn during that arc was out of nowhere. It should've been him becoming a sort of Frankenstein's monster of Alternative's creation, carrying out his wish to end the War even at his "master's" expense.

Ryuki not having all 13 Riders on the TV series is because of time constraint. If they really want all 13 appear, most of them will probably die within 2 or 3 episodes like Scissor. The only thing that I can think of with the 3 missing Riders in the TV series is that they are killed off screen sometime before the last arc.

Also about that kid thing, isn't it Ren is the one that the kid stalked?

My head cannon is that Fem and Verde were killed by monsters while still young riders, off screen.

^ I wouldn't go that far. They provided a good conflict for Shinji: whether to help them in their common goal at the cost of his friend, or to oppose them to save said friend but let the War continue.

However, I do think that Tiger's heel turn during that arc was out of nowhere. It should've been him becoming a sort of Frankenstein's monster of Alternative's creation, carrying out his wish to end the War even at his "master's" expense.

I think there's a level of unspoken meaning to this show about mental health. Schizophrenics have a problem with mirrors and the like, not seeing yourself as who you are and so on, the whole thing started because of an ill young girl and her brother and his grief, Kitaoka has a brain tumor, Goro is a obsessive or Stockholm syndrome or something, etc. etc.

so for Tiger, he's the most extreme example of a mental break. The stress of this horrific situation caused him to stop all rational thought, and become a total sociopath, which is a wonderful counterpoint to Asskura's psychopathy. This is somewhat reinforced by the movie, wherein Yui has to accept her fate to stop her brother, and once she realizes that she's gone and he's been fighting for a ghost, he just fades off. His mental demon disappears, and so does his conflict, which was all he had holding him to existence.

Seriously though, the last two episodes of the series are so uncontrollably epic (a word I don't bandy about) that I can hardly believe it.

I found Blade's opening sequence to be the most baffling opening I have ever seen. People dancing weirdly, milk on stage, etc etc...

D

Dr Kain

I found Blade's opening sequence to be the most baffling opening I have ever seen. People dancing weirdly, milk on stage, etc etc...

I don't see anything weird about that. I love the lighting and the choreography. Mutsuki just looks down right bad ass covering his face with his hat. However, it is the song itself that I love more than the video.

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
I think they were some of the civilians that would later be attacked by the mirror monsters in the show.