How would you rank all the Final Fantasy Tactics games?

I only played the original FF Tactics, and it was pretty much okay. it was a strategic twist on the FF series which made this a memorable game, similar to Konami's Vandal Hearts. I haven't played the War of the Lions remake, however.

Probably, I would rank the Final Fantacy Tactics at 8.5 :). I'm not so acquainted with this version as of now, yet I find it interesting. I like the plot and find the characters amazing. I also like to explore on the battles. Though I am not really a fan of tactics game, I'm giving this one a try, especially now that its out on mobile phones. Who knows, I might just catch myself totally engrossed in this game and maybe, my ratings would become a perfect 10, at least for myself :)

I only played Final Fantasy Tactics on GBA, but I think that it could stand up to other versions/sequels. It has an awesome story and you also get to choose/change jobs as much as you like. The strategic gameplay will keep you thinking like a general. Even though it's a turn based battle system, you have to plan your positioning well or else you'll get pinned down or receive a penalty card from the judge system.

Final fantasy tactics is a good game but the difference from the main ff games is its more on strategy/tactics and you will need a lot of time to spend to complete it.
Overall, its the best tactics game for me due to its very creative skills, visuals.

Generally, most Final Fantasy games are very good one especially from FF 6 upwards, I have tried the War of Lions a couple of times both on my mobile device and Playstation as well, and I think that that tactics of game are good to considerable level.

Should I be rating these tactics, I would be on the range between 6-8/10 because I wouldn't necessarily be rating any game 9/10 or 10/10. This is because, to me as much as any game seems good, it's definitely going to be still dropped for another game. So it makes a mockery of any 9/10 or 10/10 rating given to it.

Didn't even know this was available on PSP, might try it now and see what all the fuss is about. Most people only seem to criticize the difficulty but I like hard games so that is a plus for me.
From what I can see it does have good visuals and art-style.

Last edited:
I'm with you on that one mbuzma. I also like a real challenge in a game. Where's the fun if it's too easy? I want a game that will make me sweat to win. That will keep me coming back for more. I don't understand why someone would want a game that they can win in an hour. What then do we do with the rest of our lives?

Well there is only 3 right? unless I missed out on something. Well, this is gonna be a biased answer since it's my very first Tactics game, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance comes in at first. There's something about the first FFTA that hooked me right off the bat, I spent hours and hours playing this, to the point that I've re-ran it 3 times. As for Final Fantasy Tactics A2, I liked it, but I don't know, it didn't hook me as much as the first one did. I can't seem to find the reason why I liked the first one.

On the other hand War of the Lions, I liked it soooooo much too, the problem is I was having slow down issues on the PSP and I didn't have the patience to play through it with that common bug of slowdown during skill animation. I might give it a try once more if I have the chance.

FFT Abilities is a strategy role-playing game in the Final Fantasy series and the first title in the Ivalice Alliance. The Final Fantasy Tactics are split into different categories of abilities like action, combat, and the unit's mandatory job ability appears in the first slot; while the second slot may be assigned any action ability the unit has learned.