We never seen any teaser of any upcoming team member with this game. The older Final Fantasy games uses inferior graphics so it is easier for the memory to have more party members. In a realistic next gen game, Having more features make it harder for the game to have more features because the realistic graphics takes all the effort and energy of the development team. It is also easier to give all playable characters their own shining moment if less people are playable. That is the reason why Final Fantasy VII remake have to be divided in multiple episodes.

One of my favorite games of all time is Final Fantasy X-2 and that game only have three party members. I am sure they will found a way to make have a sense of variety even if you only have three playable characters. Maybe we will get the Jobs system from Final Fantasy V and X-2.

Complete Global saturation
Not going to be an issue to me because I had finished games with a single protagonist only, so Having extra 3 playable characters is nice. For sure most of us like having bigger parties but modern games consumes a lot of memory. We have to be realistic here.

This is after you have seen the PS5 showcase?

I loved the monsters, the gods, and the mobility of the game. I'm sure like the rest the game will entail so much combat that I wouldn't mind three more characters to play with.