Comics How True Is It That Printed Comics Has No More Value?

A friend who reads plenty of comics is giving away all his comic books because according to him their value was lost since they are already all available online. I would gladly accept his comic collection but I do not think they have no value. In fact, I think their value should actually rise because it is very seldom that people buy the physical comic books now. What do you think?

I think that rare comics would have a high value while mass produced comics would have little to no value. If you are an owner of printed comics, you should determine which of them are collector's items and which of them are not. I'd hold on to an issue #1 of The X-Men if I were you.

If we're talking older comic books (1995 and earlier), there are plenty of comic books that would retain value. The better shape they're in, the more money you can get, too. As far as modern comic books, variant covers can fetch a decent amount of money, especially if it's a limited series. The average comic book doesn't really retain value though.

My husband has X-Men and Wolverine number 1. :) I just have Catwoman. I don't think Catwoman has much value though. I got my friend comic books already and they are in a pretty bad condition. I don't think I will be getting anything much from them except that I will be reading something for a while.

My husband has X-Men and Wolverine number 1. :) I just have Catwoman. I don't think Catwoman has much value though. I got my friend comic books already and they are in a pretty bad condition. I don't think I will be getting anything much from them except that I will be reading something for a while.

Do you mean the original X-Men series, from the early 60s? If so, that would be worth a lot of money, especially if it's in decent condition. The Wolverine issue could get good money too if it's in near mint condition. Those Frank Miller issues were great.