How to know if a Netflix Original is safe from cancellation?

Larping is a contact sports!
may not necessarily influence Netflix's decision on whether to renew or cancel the show. This is because Netflix, like any other business, prioritizes its bottom line and considers factors such as viewership and production costs when making decisions. While having a large and dedicated fanbase may help a show's chances of being renewed, it's not the only factor that Netflix considers.

It would be so annoying if a show gets cancelled, especially one that has stopped as a cliffhanger. I would rather wait for all seasons to be available before I start watching a show. I need a closure else I get restless. Recently many shows were on standstill due the writer's strike. Seems like there was a protest when AI invaded the writer's job and started replacing them.

Staff member
In the past, I was frustrated to learn about my favorite shows being canceled. I did not like the shows that did not have a logical conclusion. However, these days it does not matter whether the show concludes or not, what matters is whether there is an entertainment factor or not.

These days Netflix is now the ones canceling shows. Things have changed tho, they have a lot of competitions such is HBO and amazon prime.

DJ

Netflix is all about the numbers – like how many people are glued to their screens and how much it costs to make the magic happen. Sure, being a show's cheerleader is awesome, but there's this whole math equation behind the scenes.