Tech How often do you get a new phone?

I have a regular phone but no mobile phone. Just don't need one and don't know why people are so crazy about them.

I get a phone when I feel like the time is right. One example would probably be my previous phone, where I had to charge my phone every single day because the battery was running out in a matter of hours. It was just deemed unusable by me, and that's when I felt like I needed an upgrade.

I don't usually change phones unless the phone I'm having is broken or acting strange. I would say at least 3 to 4 years before I am going to get a new phone. I'm not a big fan of buying fancy phones like some people do. I own a tablet, and a cheaper smartphone will do because I mainly use my phone for calling, texting, and checking e-mails.

I try to get two years use out of my phones before replacing them. I refuse to get into the trap of updating my phone every 8-12 months. I just wish they would keep these older phones up to date with the OS. This has almost made me want to switch over to a Windows Phone.

Every 5 years or so. I refuse to update my phone unless it breaks. I don't use my phone much anyway. I only use it for calling and texting. I don't even check e-mails on it because I usually check them on my laptop. I've seen people in my age group being obsessed with updating their mobile phones and they are always using them. Personally, I don't understand what's the fuss about it.

I think that the mobile phone industry is moving faster and faster every year. Back in the early 2000s when Nokia was still the king, I remember phones lasting for more than 1 year. Now, because there's a lot of manufacturers, there's a new phone being released every other month. So, with new technology always there for the taking, how often do you buy a new phone?
I just replaced my Nokia last year and finally got a smart phone. I don't rush out to buy the latest because in about 6 months to a year, its the old phone. The mobile phones industry has come a long way in a short time, but the main reason to have a phone is to simply make and receive calls.

Administrator
Staff member
I don't need to have the latest model. I'll be on an iPhone 5 for awhile still.

I really do not get a phone that often. I like to stick with what works and I live by this quote: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." My trusty Phone works wonders and I have had it for the past 2 years at this point.

When I was younger I got a new phone every 2 years or so, because I always got an used phone that couldn't work as it should for longer than that. After a little while I started to buy new phones and I started to change the phones every 3 or 4 years. Right now, I have a phone that is 3 and a half years old and it still functions well, so I'll hold on it for a little longer, for an another year at least. I don't really see the point of changing the phone every year like some people do, just because they think that the phone is out dated.

I've had the same phone going on 4 years now. Needless to say, I don't upgrade my phone unless I absolutely have to!