How many years do you think we will wait for before 8 gets a remake?

I think 8 only needs a remaster with better improved models and a voice dub! It doesn't really need a full blown remake. An anniversary edition would be nice.

Administrator
Staff member
I think I will be 50 years old by the time a remake of 8 will come. I have reached my 30's and 7's remake is still in development hell.

I think FFVIII might not get a remake anytime soon, what they are planning is to release a remastered version of it. Send them an email in 2030 when they have finished remaking FFVII. And besides, what the hardcore fanboys liked was VII (nostalgia was a significant factor).

If 8 is going to have a remake, I hope it will come with sequels like 8-2 and 83. It is just said it never became a trilogy. I think giving this game sub sequels will end the Squall is dead theories once and for all. I just want to see more games set at the Balamb garden.

I think we will be waiting for 10 years. That statement is not even realistic as many games took 20 years before they got a remake. I just feel that the 3d games are the next to get remake after VII. VI have a demand for a remake. I can see 1 to 3 to get a more low budget remake due to having less popularity. VIII is popular don't get me wrong but there are more popular games than it with bigger demand for a remake.

Next to 7, the next most popular are IX and VI. IX recently have a remaster while VI is 2d. I think 6 will be remade first due to its popularity and Kefka's resurgence. VIII I think will be remade around 15 years. I expect to have 1 remake every 5 years. Ps5 is going to have all those remakes.

Administrator
Staff member
The remaster looks good so I dont think a remake is around the horizon. I can see one of the 2d games getting a remake first because they didn't age well. I can see 8 having another remaster few years from now, this time with voice acting. For now we just have a great looking remaster.

Mai

This game just had an amazing remaster, we don't need a remake yet. Leave that to the 2d era games, they need it better. They deserve to have it.

Administrator
Staff member
I hope someday though we get another remaster, a voice acted version. That will be the complete experience for me.

Administrator
Staff member
I hope someday though we get another remaster, a voice acted version. That will be the complete experience for me.
I want voice acting too! I love the Voice actors Squall, Rinoa and Ultimecia got. They can retain the roles if they could have dubbed the remaster.