How many party members are we going to have on this game?

I notice on most recent Final Fantasy games, The roster of teammates is becoming smaller. In Fifteen, we only have five playable characters. The promos of this game only focus on three characters. Are we going to have a trio only, just like in Final Fantasy X-2?

I wish we have more party members, and we can customize team combinations just like the old games. I wish to have at least a minimum of 10 playable party members.

Administrator
Staff member
VII remake and XV have smaller parties, so it might be the new normal of the series. The combat system and the 8k graphics can be too overwhelming for programmers to make a larger roster of playable characters. The current technology may not be able to handle it with a larger roster of characters.

I don't mind a smaller party if we can customize the characters.

I think it will be more of a solo adventure. I think the protagonist will be single-handedly fighting alone.

Administrator
Staff member
I think it will be more of a solo adventure. I think the protagonist will be single-handedly fighting alone.
Joshua and Jill are also playable, they are rumored to be a Trio. Clive will be the Swordsman, Jill might be, Jill might be a mage or healer... I don't know what Joshua's style will be.