I played FFX back in the day on my PS2 and back then I read a strategy guide and it said you needed to be level 99 to beat the game. So I spent a month playing the game until I finally got to level 99. And when I beat Sin the ending blew my mind I totally was not expecting it. And the total amount of hours I spent playing the game was 95 hours. How long did it take you to beat FFX?

It was a long time since I played it, but it must have took me anywhere from 90 - 100+ hours ? Not really sure, but it probably took me longer to beat it than it did for most other players. I don't ever rush or speedrun games. I like to play at my leisure, explore and discover as much as I can on my first playthrough ( even though that's bad for replays haha ).

90 to 100 hours sounds kind of accurate, but something also tells me it took me even longer and I am just being generous to myself. The good news is that the longer it takes usually the better the game.

Almost 100 hours of grinding. I at least tried to maximize all the levels of my characters.

My gaming sessions were not that concurrent and I ended up playing FF10 for months. I am not much of a strategy guide guy, so I was just learning more as I went on playing. Now that I think about it, I wish I had taken time to read through the guide and complete the game earlier, but the end justified the means right? I do agree with you Soulwatcher, the ending was a blast!

I remember using a strategy guide too. It was always telling me to grind and train my characters or I was going to have a lot of trouble in the last part of the game, so I took a while to finish FFX. Probably around 150 hours.

I really cannot put a fix spot on the exact time that it took me to complete the game, but all I'm certain is that it wasn't easy at for me. So it took me a while say 2 months or so before I was able to get through to the end. Although I didn't help matters out for myself because I never read any strategy manual or guide on how to go about it, but I'm glad that eventually I later completed the game.

It took me many, many hours to beat FFX. It was an enjoyable experience but I probably would not go through that experience again, not much replayability for me even though there technically is, but not enough for me to care lol.

It took me about 50 hours without getting extra stuff, 160 hours when getting all the stuff and
200 hours when getting all stuff and maxing out sphere grids. It has been a long time :D.