How have the 2006 shows been doing in the ratings recently?

Well.. Thinking about this.
Sentai is made for kids. The main chunk of people who watch Tokusatsu. After that it's the teenagers, but how many of them are honestly gonna sit down and nerd it out? Most of them are making a reputation of NOT being an Otaku. Audience three, are the young adults, while the show isn't even being meant for them, some shows, like Garo, are of obvious higher maturity rating. However, most of the Japanese working class, are adults and up. And with their hectic and busy work schedule, it must be hard to sit down and watch a good Toku.

Thus, looking at the ratings that would most fit the audience of Japan, the ranks would prolly fall with

Sentai
Ultraman
Kamen Rider
Godzilla
Recent Toku(Children)*
One Shot Toku**
Indie Toku ( I need to check out Evolver one day)

(*I really don't know any of the newer toku like Ryukendo or Sazer X so I'll excuse myself of that one)
(**I speak of Garo here, because I again, don't know many of the non Toku tv shows besides the mains)

In terms of actual Popularity amond sentient people over the age of 11, I'm sure Kamen Rider Kabuto is pretty much in the lead. Can't say for Hibiki as it was extremely silly. Ultraman was pretty oldschool, but I havn't been hearing many good words for the recent ones, and etc etc.

But in terms of what we, the HJUers enjoy, I think Kabuto is prolly in the high ranks. with Sentai close behind, and Ultraman tagging along with Garo.

Just came across the ratings for the past week.

9月9日(土)
*3.7 ウルトラマンメビウス

9月10日(日)
*1.0 魔弾戦記リュウケンドー
*7.7 轟轟戦隊ボウケンジャー
*8.2 仮面ライダーカブト

Does anyone know what the numbers represent?

And nevermind this: Why do so many people want to know the ratings in Japan? Its not like any of these shows are going to be canceled before they finish airing, and none of us LIVE in Japan (if you do, you're visiting), so who cares? All that should really matter is do YOU like the shows airing.

It's just a matter of interest. I'm not about to run around shouting 'Sentai is better than Ultraman, the ratings prove it!' or anything like that I just wonder how many people are actually watching this stuff in Japan.

Mad Skillz
It's usually in the millions I think. So, 1.0 would be roughly one million people. Could be thousands though.