Eye See You
I liked Ransik all the way upto the very end of TF when he has his sudden change of heart.

I was thinking of that a few hours ago. The sudden change... if I were to watch the finale now I would probally go ape **** angry about it.

I still recall "Ransik" in Arnie's movie called COMMANDO. So he was all good with me.

But ya the sudden .2 second change of heart after 9 months of evil was BAD fucking writing. VERY fucking BAD. To be reimbursed by this watch Timeranger. :thumbs:

I was thinking of that a few hours ago. The sudden change... if I were to watch the finale now I would probally go ape **** angry about it.

I still recall "Ransik" in Arnie's movie called COMMANDO. So he was all good with me.

But ya the sudden .2 second change of heart after 9 months of evil was BAD fucking writing. VERY fucking BAD. To be reimbursed by this watch Timeranger. :thumbs:

Well, that's ok with me about Ransik's change of heart. BTW, do u blame Judd Lynn for the BAD writing and such? No, I don't.

It's Judgement Time!
But ya the sudden .2 second change of heart after 9 months of evil was BAD fucking writing. VERY fucking BAD.

Actually it's brilliant writing. Destroying Ransik would have been a bittersweet ending. He was a victim of hatred and racism. He was a criminal because society never gave him a chance. And when he saw an opportunity to cure himself, he made a mistake and lashed out at someone who only wanted to help him. Somehow he begat daughter who was raised with no hate what-so-ever.

Look at the episodes. Nadira was sheltered, spoiled, and loved unconditionally by her father. Ransik unknowingly treated his daughter to be someone who doesn't know hatred.

In the end, when Nadira realized that she wasn't exactly evil but just "going with the flow", she helped her father see that hatred was going to kill him and her.

In fact, it's not terrible writing to have a character, who almost kills his daughter, have a sudden epiphany. It happens in real life. We all have those moments where everything just clicks and we "get it".

Ransik had that moment. He didn't realize that he was so far gone, so deep in hatred, that he was hurting his only daughter. The only thing in the entire WORLD that gave him joy! Every other time he was not with Nadira, he was seething in hatred. When Nadira was around, he was a puppy dog. Begging for her to be happy. Doing anything to make her happy. He smiled when she was around.

Terrible writing? The finale of Time Force was the most brilliant thing I ever saw PR do, ever.

I would not have wanted to see Ransik be destroyed. The ultimate lesson in that would be "hatred destroys" but that's not a clear victory for the power rangers. The clear victory is that Ransik learns his lesson and atones for his crimes, to save his daughter and himself. You would be left feeling empty if Ransik had been destroyed or had not changed his ways.

The beauty of it all was that he did figure out that hatred was only causing more hatred and ultimately, killing them.

Could it have been written better? Definitely. But it's still a fantastic effort to tell something that connects with you on an emotional level. And not just resort to another "PEWPEWPEW EXPLODE" finale.

It really was not a "sudden" change. IT felt that way but it was more like an appropriate epiphany. He was weak from battle (which can do things to ones mind), staggering breathlessly after the one time force ranger that he hated most. And in his effort to kill her, he almost killed the one he truly loved.

That's poetic. That's what PR used to be.

Actually it's brilliant writing. Destroying Ransik would have been a bittersweet ending. He was a victim of hatred and racism. He was a criminal because society never gave him a chance. And when he saw an opportunity to cure himself, he made a mistake and lashed out at someone who only wanted to help him. Somehow he begat daughter who was raised with no hate what-so-ever.

Look at the episodes. Nadira was sheltered, spoiled, and loved unconditionally by her father. Ransik unknowingly treated his daughter to be someone who doesn't know hatred.

In the end, when Nadira realized that she wasn't exactly evil but just "going with the flow", she helped her father see that hatred was going to kill him and her.

In fact, it's not terrible writing to have a character, who almost kills his daughter, have a sudden epiphany. It happens in real life. We all have those moments where everything just clicks and we "get it".

Ransik had that moment. He didn't realize that he was so far gone, so deep in hatred, that he was hurting his only daughter. The only thing in the entire WORLD that gave him joy! Every other time he was not with Nadira, he was seething in hatred. When Nadira was around, he was a puppy dog. Begging for her to be happy. Doing anything to make her happy. He smiled when she was around.

Terrible writing? The finale of Time Force was the most brilliant thing I ever saw PR do, ever.

I would not have wanted to see Ransik be destroyed. The ultimate lesson in that would be "hatred destroys" but that's not a clear victory for the power rangers. The clear victory is that Ransik learns his lesson and atones for his crimes, to save his daughter and himself. You would be left feeling empty if Ransik had been destroyed or had not changed his ways.

The beauty of it all was that he did figure out that hatred was only causing more hatred and ultimately, killing them.

Could it have been written better? Definitely. But it's still a fantastic effort to tell something that connects with you on an emotional level. And not just resort to another "PEWPEWPEW EXPLODE" finale.

It really was not a "sudden" change. IT felt that way but it was more like an appropriate epiphany. He was weak from battle (which can do things to ones mind), staggering breathlessly after the one time force ranger that he hated most. And in his effort to kill her, he almost killed the one he truly loved.

That's poetic. That's what PR used to be.

I agree on this. Especially when the time that Ransik hit his won daughter. I know that is different from Timeranger's ending, but Time Force's ending was more meaningful.

has left HJU. Not coming back.
~Long post about Ranisk and the finale of Time Force~

I agree with this.

When Ranisk changed into good, more dramatic and epic! :buttrock:

Gosh, I loved Time Force and its finale. Dammit. I WANT DVDs!

It seems people are more complimentary of Dai Shi in the episode thread. I think that's a good sign.