Between the Blitzball games in FFX and FFX-2, I'd say FFX is more detailed when it comes to the dynamics of the game. You control an individual player and power him/her up with various techniques. Tidus can learn as many techniques as far as practicable.

in FFX-2, it is more team-oriented and they changed the rules such that is if one team scores seven points, it is a called game and they win. What I have been trying to figure out is if it is possible to do the one-two pass while playing the Gullwings as a team. The Besaid Aurochs apparently can do one-two passes. However, if you trade any of the Gullwings players for other teams' players, the former (who are now computer-controlled) can sometimes perform the one-two pass.

Attachments

• BBallFFX.jpg
    BBallFFX.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 221
I enjoyed FFX blitzball, but I have not tried FFX-2's.
Just like you I've played and enjoyed it on FF X. But i never played it on FF X-2. Is it present on the 2nd installment?? I can't recall having that on FF X-2.

Playing blitzball in FFX and FFX-2 are on entirely two different levels. In FFX, you control an individual member of your team and define his strategy. In FFX-2, you play more of a blitzball team coach/manager and you add/drop/improve your default players, trade for better picks, as well as players from other teams. Both are pretty much ok, though in FFX-2, you are in control of your own team.

I liked the individual focus a lot more on the FFX but that does seem to fit my overall style of play in being all about myself and not trusting anyone else. I do have as much experience playing in FFX-2 though so maybe that is factoring into it.

Administrator
Staff member
You know what, If we will have a real functioning Space colony someday, Blitzball might become a real sport. It will be more popular than most real existing team sports we have these days.

It looks like a lot of fun- playing Blitzball, but I was not that familiar with it-and they say it's a great Spiran past time in these Final Fantasy games. This Final Fantasy game of Blitzball looks like it involves elements of soccer, football, and water polo as well, and its played underwater. I am not sure about what is so different in these two games though- but I guess in the Final Fantasy 10 game-there is a easy way to win because of a glitch ?

I have played blitzball on FF10 but not gotten around to playing it on the Remaster. Perhaps I'll form an opinion once I handle FFX-2.