Administrator
Staff member
There is currently a voice mod for the pc version of Final Fantasy 8. The mod is currently at 90% completion. So it will be released for public use eventually. While waiting for that mod. When you are playing Final Fantasy 8, How do the characters sound on your head? I mean we just read subtitles, So for sure you imagined a voice at certain point. I wont reveal mine yet since I want people to share how they imagined the voices instead of piggy backing what I said.

When I played I remember imagine Edea to be British.

Hi @seifer. As I am skimming through the in-game speech sequences for the first time, as I am reading them as both an act of humor and to help my mind absorb any pertinent information, I read every character loud.

Squall sounds like me(obviously). Zell sounds like a kid and the Garden Faculties have a deep, boring, serious voice.

Now that you mention it I guess I do implant my voice on the characters if I do the run through in my head, which is not really something I have thought of before. It makes me wonder what the others are representing or who they are.

Administrator
Staff member
I imagined Ultimecia sounding like Maleficent from Sleeping beauty. In my head Zell sounded like Keanu Reeves from Bill and Ted movies because he have a dude bro thing going on. Squall have a deep whispery voice for me because he is always quiet.

Rinoa sounded like Pinkie Pie from my little ponies due to her being optimistic.

I haven't really thought about how Final Fantasy 8 characters would actually sound.

I haven't really thought about how Final Fantasy 8 characters would actually sound.
I never really thought about how the characters in FF8 would actually sound so I don't have anyone's voice in mind .

It would be hard to really put a voice to some of the faces of the characters in Final Fantasy 8- and if somebody calls you on the phone with a deep voice, you picture him tall and maybe rugged and also handsome as well. But I don't think that is always the case with somebodies looks or voice- but anyway they tried adding voices to the Squall and Rinoa characters- I think Rinoa's voice sounds ok in this video though.

Mai

Because of my love for hiphop and rap all of them talks with a ghetto African American accent inside my head.

Rinoa sounded like Missy Elliot
Squall sounded like Snoop dog
Selphie Sounded like Nicki Minaj
Zell Sounded like Chris Rock
Quistis Sounded like Queen Latifa
Seifer sounded like Terry Crews.

Administrator
Staff member
Because of my love for hiphop and rap all of them talks with a ghetto African American accent inside my head.

Rinoa sounded like Missy Elliot
Squall sounded like Snoop dog
Selphie Sounded like Nicki Minaj
Zell Sounded like Chris Rock
Quistis Sounded like Queen Latifa
Seifer sounded like Terry Crews.
*cringe*

@folkartist the Squall on that video is either a little boy who haven't reached puberty yet or a woman trying to sound like a man but fails.

I am a great fan of Squall and Rinoa and I always feel that they sound just like me, silent and soothing. They have calm voices and I can feel those voices very clearly.

The softened pitch of Squall and Rinoa both makes me feel calm too. I have observed this calm pitch of Squall's voice even when he is fighting. So, I think it is my perception to see Squall that way.