How come Super Sentai doesn't have one of member as gay?!

I not sure if Kamen Rider Bravo is the first gay Kamen rider but why gay cannot be a Sentai hero?

I'm pretty sure bravo isn't the First flamboyant super hero time character, but honestly is it really that important that there isn't a flamboyant super sentai character? so what he's a little on the fruity side big deal, Sexuality is not a Major or Key point to either super sentai or kamen rider which are both Children's shows, so why bother asking?

I'm pretty sure bravo isn't the First flamboyant super hero time character, but honestly is it really that important that there isn't a flamboyant super sentai character? so what he's a little on the fruity side big deal, Sexuality is not a Major or Key point to either super sentai or kamen rider which are both Children's shows, so why bother asking?

Why do kids have against guy kissing another guy or girl kissing another girl?! Why don't they ever have a gay character?

K

KamenRiderBritannia

Why do kids have against guy kissing another guy or girl kissing another girl?! Why don't they ever have a gay character?

who says they have anything against them? No one,thats who!

just because it hasnt been done yet doesnt mean it wont, chill out and stop acting so mortified!

and besides, if someone is gay they dont have to explicitly show it like Bravo does. And whos to say that Bravo even is gay? Have you seen him kissing or bumming another man? No, you havent. It could just be his personality, its called metrosexual.

Whos to say if any of the Kyoryugers arent gay? Sexuality isnt something ever explored in a childrens tv show so we will never know!

chill!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kids have Nothing against gay characters, they're too young to understand the difference between gay or straight. why in the world are you getting your undergarments in such a twist. it's not the end of the world if a Children's show doesn't have more gay characters, settle down and cool it before you make more of a fool of yourself

I liked him when he wasn't a god
We've had three canon LGBTQ characters in Kamen Rider, but Bravo is the first one that was actually a Rider.

I would guess the reason there are no gay Sentai heroes is because Sentai's target audience is preschool aged while Kamen Rider's is elementary aged, a little older. (Look at the kids in the Kyoryu credits, most of them are no older than 5-6 at the very most.) Given how conservative Japan is, it's reasonable for Toei to expect that parents wouldn't want to have to explain to their toddler about gay people. Even in the west, it would be controversial - can you imagine what would happen if they added a gay character to the cast of Barney, for instance?

Also, notice what Pierre, Luna Dopant and the donut manager have in common: they're all "okama" types, which is pretty much the default image in Japan of a gay person, and they're all older than the main heroes. Toei likes to cast hot young actors as Rider and Sentai leads because they're so marketable, and putting one of them in the role of "the campy gay guy" wouldn't sell so well. Kamen Rider usually has a bigger supporting cast, so you can get away with a Kaba-chan or a Metal Yoshida, but not so much in Sentai where the focus is on the main team. I find it unlikely we would ever get a lesbian character. It's still rare to see them on Japanese TV, and Toei puts a lot of effort into selling Sentai and Rider actresses as idols, so the characters have to be seen to be "available" to men

In Justice, We Trust!
who says they have anything against them? No one,thats who!

just because it hasnt been done yet doesnt mean it wont, chill out and stop acting so mortified!

and besides, if someone is gay they dont have to explicitly show it like Bravo does. And whos to say that Bravo even is gay? Have you seen him kissing or bumming another man? No, you havent. It could just be his personality, its called metrosexual.

Whos to say if any of the Kyoryugers arent gay? Sexuality isnt something ever explored in a childrens tv show so we will never know!

chill!

Dude, is it really that hard for you to just NOT reply in his thread?

Because the only one that needs to "Chill" in this thread is you.

Vin's posting habits may get irritating but watching you and other people go after him like a schoolyard bully is even more annoying.

And this goes to everyone else that maybe giving Vin a hard time, the bullying needs to stop NOW I don't care what reason you have that might "Justify" it.

This is the absloute LAST time I'm telling you people: Put vin on Ignore and don't read his threads if they bug you this much.

I know we're better then this, it won't kill us to act like civilized adults and make Vin feel a little more welcome around here.

Last edited:
I liked him when he wasn't a god

chill!

He's written to a stereotype that very clearly says "gay" in Japanese media, and he's in love with Zangetsu. He seems to be attracted to Zangetsu as a suit/Rider rather than Takatora Kureshima, but he knows the person in the suit is male. It stands to reason he's at least bisexual.

And Kyoryuger has deliberately given all the main heroes at least one love interest of the opposite sex. This doesn't mean they are all heterosexual, but probably does mean the writer wants you to think they are.

K

KamenRiderBritannia

Dude, is it really that hard for you to just NOT reply in his thread?

Because the only one that needs to "Chill" in this thread is you.

Vin's posting habits may get irritating but watching you and other people go after him like a schoolyard bully is even more annoying.

And this goes to everyone else that maybe giving Vin a hard time, the bullying needs to stop NOW I don't care what reason you have that might "Justify" it.

This is the absloute LAST time I'm telling you people: Put vin on Ignore and don't read his threads if they bug you this much.

I know we're better then this, it won't kill us to act like civilized adults and make Vin feel a little more welcome around here.

erm.....that post wasnt written in an attacking manor.......im not bullying anyone.

his post read (to me) as being mortified that theres no gay sentai character, hence "chill". Im allowed to give my opinion if i chose!

K

KamenRiderBritannia

He's written to a stereotype that very clearly says "gay" in Japanese media, and he's in love with Zangetsu. He seems to be attracted to Zangetsu as a suit/Rider rather than Takatora Kureshima, but he knows the person in the suit is male. It stands to reason he's at least bisexual.

And Kyoryuger has deliberately given all the main heroes at least one love interest of the opposite sex. This doesn't mean they are all heterosexual, but probably does mean the writer wants you to think they are.

id forgotten bout the bit with zangetsu xD and i was just using kyoryuger as an example could have said *insert series here*