How can they make GoBuster look as good regarding powers

Hello, Gokaiger displays a great number of powers, and the fact they belong to former teams make them even more awesome.

So how can producers make the next sentai(s) look awesome, assuming no other rangers than gokaigers will use the powers of older sentais?
the "its not good because its not gokaiger" opinion could happen for this reason.

Not that powers and graphics are my priority, but i know a good amount of fans grant importance to that, and basically a lot of children do.

Altair
Continue to move forward, but with a new gimmick.
That's what they did after Decade.

Nice post!!
As we move into the home stretch of Gokaiger, I find I've gotten a bit tired of Gokai Changes in a way I never really got tired of Kamen Rides. Maybe it's because Gokaiger is a much longer show, I don't really know. So as far as Gobusters goes, I'm actually looking forward to seeing a team that has their own original sets of powers and equipment.

As cool as it is for Gokaiger to make use of the powers of past Sentai teams, I think in some ways this kinda cheapens their importance in the grander scheme of things. I mean cuz think about it, they are learning to be heroes not by their own merits or even their own powers, but by using the powers of past heroes. Then again, I could be reading into things the wrong way with regards to Gokaiger.

Regarding the next series, GoBuster, well, lets just hope that things can move forward and its not just some expanded toy commercial.

Last edited:
Kuuguitar
As we move into the home stretch of Gokaiger, I find I've gotten a bit tired of Gokai Changes in a way I never really got tired of Kamen Rides. Maybe it's because Gokaiger is a much longer show, I don't really know. So as far as Gobusters goes, I'm actually looking forward to seeing a team that has their own original sets of powers and equipment.

Having robot partners that look like they can fight alongside the heroes whilst in normal scale may be what makes Gobusters different.

What do you think the robots are for?

I know the introduction of the robots and the weapons and so on are very much part of the marketing in order to generate revenue based on the popularity of a given series, but it just seems that more recently the Sentai series seem much more BLATANT and OBVIOUS in regards to being just an extended toy commercial rather than trying to tell a good story, with good actors, etc. in the past, you had good looking actors that could act as well as take part in the fight scenes (sometimes, although you could never tell with suit actors) but the more recent crop of Sentai teams just look like a bunch of supermodels, and some of the fight scenes don't seem as intense or as well choreographed as in the past. and the weapons don't look like actual weapons, they look more like toys, even more blatantly so.

Kuuguitar
I know the introduction of the robots and the weapons and so on are very much part of the marketing in order to generate revenue based on the popularity of a given series, but it just seems that more recently the Sentai series seem much more BLATANT and OBVIOUS in regards to being just an extended toy commercial rather than trying to tell a good story, with good actors, etc. in the past, you had good looking actors that could act as well as take part in the fight scenes (sometimes, although you could never tell with suit actors) but the more recent crop of Sentai teams just look like a bunch of supermodels, and some of the fight scenes don't seem as intense or as well choreographed as in the past. and the weapons don't look like actual weapons, they look more like toys, even more blatantly so.

That's what sells.

Also, unless Toei decides to break the mold, I doubt we'll see someone like Hirohisa Soda again.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Sentai isn't going to stop looking like a toy commercial. Toei doesn't care about good acting, storytelling etc. as long as toys are selling. The best we can hope for is for future series to be a little more like W, where the cast at least had some talent and the writers tried to make the toys fit in with the story