How are you getting geekier? Tips, Opinions and Experiences

No Fear, No Pain.
What am I doing to get even geekier? Well...I've been looking more deeply into Ishinomori's other works aside from Kamen Rider in an attempt to write my own "love letter" story based on his amazing heroes. I've also been working through my head on exactly what sort of heroes I would want to write about professionally or for fun. Then their is the fact that after several years I have come out of retirment on the Pokemon front and have bought both Soulsilver and White. I'm also finishing the first Ultraman series and think I might be able to get intot he series...maybe.

My fandoms aside, I am usually looking for the underlying "soul of the fiction hero". Comparing heroes in fiction over the course of human history is a great way to understand society as a whole and how we have changed over the eons. Just compre modern super heroes to the Arthurian knights, Germanic legends, Biblical exemplars, Hindu lore, and even as far back as Gilgamesh. I'll tell you one thing, The stories of Arjuna and Karna are like something out of Bleach...

As for advice on comics...Annuals, collections, cartoons, and wikis. One particular series I have been wanting to read is DC's "Starman" series. The One featuring Jack Knight and the Shade. I also want to read "The Ressurection Man", "Simon Dark", and "Red Hood and the Outlaws". On the Marvel end of things there is the "Secret Avengers" and anything involving Squirrel Girl and Taskmaster. Just a few suggestions...many of which I still need to check out myself.

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
Well, for me.....I am now getting back into watching Anime. So far, I am watching mostly Gundam and Ishinomori Anime. For heavy-hitting shows, I watch Once Upon A Time.

Plus, since I am mostly a sucker for old-school cartoons, I'd stick to watching Boomerang and classic Disney films and listen to possible Disney fandubs.

Also, I still enjoy watching cartoons like Phineas and Ferb, Young Justice, and reruns of Batman: The Animated Series.

For comics...my opinion is that you start with a simpler story arc like for example, Marvel's Civil War, DC's Identity Crisis, War of the Green Lanterns, Batman: Battle for the Cowl and Blackest Night.

That's about it.