SLICE
Serious question, how are the ratings doing for Kamen Rider Gaim?

Extreme Perfect Complete Ultimate !
here...

1 - 6.4%
2 - 5.6%
3 - 5.0%
4 - 5.2%
5 - 6.7%
6 - 6.3%
7 - 5.8%
8 - 5.4%
9 - 5.4%
10 - 6.1%

can we please keep a thread like this ? i'm really curious about how the ratings go, even it's not that important :anime:

Gaim's not exactly getting Wizard's ratings despite it doing better than Wizard in terms of storyline?

How about that huh?

Anyone that has a data on Gaim's latest episode should really post on this thread, I'm really curious on Gaim's ratings since it literally blow my mind.

Well, Rider ratings have been going down every year since Double. Same with Sentai. This isn't that surprising IMO. Worrying sure, but not surprising. Well, even if the ratings aren't the greatest, the toy sales will keep the franchise afloat. I heard somewhere back that the toy sales for Gaim have been pretty good.

Well, this could be the cause.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/12/...-doesnt-care-but-does-still-wants-your-money/

Dunno if this is true, but if it is, with the availability of Internet, plus losing your TV makes most Japanese stop buying a TV set, thus losing a portion of their fan.

I've read about Gaim's toy sales from Rising Sun Tokusatsu that Toei is keeping their hopes up with Gaim. Guess they just don't care about tv ratings anymore. Which seems like a pity considering Gaim has a good potential to raise the ratings

Well, this could be the cause.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/12/...-doesnt-care-but-does-still-wants-your-money/

Dunno if this is true, but if it is, with the availability of Internet, plus losing your TV makes most Japanese stop buying a TV set, thus losing a portion of their fan.

I've read about Gaim's toy sales from Rising Sun Tokusatsu that Toei is keeping their hopes up with Gaim. Guess they just don't care about tv ratings anymore. Which seems like a pity considering Gaim has a good potential to raise the ratings

If TV's an issue, Toei should take a page from Sunrise and Bushiroad and stream their shows on Youtube after they air.

Sunrise uploads new episodes of Gundam Build Fighters and SEED Destiny Remaster every week after they air on TV, and Bushiroad upload dubs of their two card animes.

Either that, or stream them on their official sites like NBC does with Law & Order.

Bottom line: Toei needs to get with the times.

If TV's an issue, Toei should take a page from Sunrise and Bushiroad and stream their shows on Youtube after they air.

Sunrise uploads new episodes of Gundam Build Fighters and SEED Destiny Remaster every week after they air on TV, and Bushiroad upload dubs of their two card animes.

Either that, or stream them on their official sites like NBC does with Law & Order.

Bottom line: Toei needs to get with the times.

I've been saying this for awhile. If they put everything online on the right sources, especially if they did it with translation, they would surely find an enormous viewership.

I've been saying this for awhile. If they put everything online on the right sources, especially if they did it with translation, they would surely find an enormous viewership.
I heard a while back a rumour that apparently it's routine for Japanese acting contracts to include clauses stating that the actors' get additional payments if the work is aired in another country. So a world-wide online release would be insanely expensive for Toei to do. And in the case of Sentai, it would probably be a legal minefield to let people in a country where Power Rangers airs have access to Sentai. Saban are not going to want the rug being pulled out from under them like that.

That said, Toei don't make things super easy for themselves either. Wasn't there that quote from someone who worked at Generation Kikaider saying that they'd enquired about licensing more series of Kamen Rider, only for Toei to quote them an insanely high amount, citing "the strength of the brand".

The Extraordinary Fan(boy)
That said, Toei don't make things super easy for themselves either. Wasn't there that quote from someone who worked at Generation Kikaider saying that they'd enquired about licensing more series of Kamen Rider, only for Toei to quote them an insanely high amount, citing "the strength of the brand".

It´s the Toku connundrum, while these franchises are super popular in japan, they remain largely unknown throughout the world, so while technically the brand really is that valuable, this only applies to japan, anywhere else in the world that ammount seems absurd.

So really, no one buys the license because it is too expensive, Toei won´t lower the price because the franchise is worth that much, and there will never be enough demand to justifiy that price because with no one buying the license there simply won´t be a market for it.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Don't forget one basic fact of Japanese demography: Japan is getting old. Ratings are probably going down in part because the number of children is going down. That's can't be helping TOEI.

I heard a while back a rumour that apparently it's routine for Japanese acting contracts to include clauses stating that the actors' get additional payments if the work is aired in another country. So a world-wide online release would be insanely expensive for Toei to do.

...Then just limit the online distribution to Japan itself. It's easy to do.