Books Horror novels/stories

I love them. They are also great to be heard via audiobooks - it's very good to listen to horror stories!
I'm currently listening to Howard Lovecraft - The Call of Cthulhu, next on my "menu" are Stephen King's novels and of course Edgar Alan Poe. Feel free to recommend some novel.

Shaken Not Stirred!!
Anything by Stephen King is great. Carrie, in my opinion, one of the best!!
Also The Exorcist has to be up there with the best of them by William Peter Blatty(Great Movie too).

Shaken Not Stirred!!
I can't believe I posted that last post without mentioning the Shining :oops:
Scrap Carrie as Stephen Kings Best, it has to be The Shining, you have to read it!!! And another example of a great book being made into a great movie, Book is better though!!

Administrator
Staff member
Did any of you guys read John Dies at the End? What did you think?

Shaken Not Stirred!!
Not yet but it's on the list. I did read "This book is full of spiders" by the same author, it was very strange but quite enjoyable too!

I can't believe I posted that last post without mentioning the Shining :oops:
Scrap Carrie as Stephen Kings Best, it has to be The Shining, you have to read it!!! And another example of a great book being made into a great movie, Book is better though!!
I love The Shining too. The first time I read it, I would put the book under my bed and cover my head with the blanket as if I was watching a movie! I have never tried out the audio version - it must be good.

I burnt through all the King available when I was a teen and in my twenties, he was/is a master.

If you like him you might want to check out his son, Joe Hill. I didn't care much for Horns (which is being made into a movie now apparently) but 20th Century Ghosts and Heart-Shaped Box are definitely worth picking up.