Chief HJU News Editor
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xid4dbCtqfg"]HJU Video Reviews - Kamen Rider Kabuto(PS2)[/ame]

I recently reviewed this for the HJU News site. Anyone played it? What are your thoughts on it, etc?

glasses: on
Good review, so why is Climax Heroes the norm now?

A game based on a single riders' series looks and sounds much better than the MvC-thing CH is doing. Don't see why KR couldn't be an episodic game series on PSN/Wii, since it wouldn't be a AAA title it would be the perfect place for them.

Lurker
Kabuto is good, its actually first and the last decent single entry title for the PS2, the only other somewhat decent KR game in PS2 are Genealogy of justice and CH1

probably because its an anniversary title that the actually put some effort in making it, unlike the previous annual titles, which are just quick cash-ins

A game based on a single riders' series looks and sounds much better than the MvC-thing CH is doing.

not really, the only somewhat still playable KR game BEFORE the PS2 kabuto is agito, and before agito, the first KR and V3

there's a reason why Black Shroud never bothers to make a guide for the pre kabuto PS2 KR's and that's not just because he doesn't have the free time to do it.

kuuga, ryuuki, faiz, blade, and hibiki's solo entry in the gaming world have been nothing but a disappointing cash-in crap without any depth in gameplay at all

the DS KRDK is somewhat better than the PS1 ryuuki in some way but its still quite disappointing for a DS title, i mean even Draglade has more depth than it.

so yeah, rather than having random somewhat decent KR games every 4 years or so i rather have a somewhat "not worse than it's prequel" KR game every year, at least by still having CH as a format, they won't screw it that much if there's a sequel

Last edited:
I didn't like the gameplay, it was so different from the others. I enjoyed playing Faiz and Hibiki more. Climax Heroes was okay.

Chief HJU News Editor
Why did you enjoy the Faiz one more? Was it because it was a conventional one plane fighter?

I just think fighting with some of the catchy Rider Chips song playing in the background was fun. :laugh:

Digital Artist
I liked the game and thought it was fun. Definitely one of the better games for the PS2. Man, those were the days.

I was too used to Faiz, Hibiki and CH's gameplay. so when I got to Kabuto, I was so confused...

Lurker
I was too used to Faiz, Hibiki and CH's gameplay. so when I got to Kabuto, I was so confused...

is it the free 3d movement that you're not used to? or the fact that that the enemy didn't just stay there and let you rider kick them to death?

faiz and hibiki doesn't have any gameplay, or difficulty at all, all you need in faiz was a turbo controller because harder opponents only means theiy'll always beat you in mashing buttons during finishers, while Hibiki needs you to understand the very basic of DDR styled games, and that's all, depending on which CH you're talking about, the CPU are piss poor even in the hardest diff, the game was only decent for human VS mostly while the single player features are just for watching you slaughter the enemies for lulz(except for CH1)

kabuto actually sports a challenge of sorts, while still having a very simple gameplay, i mean up to this moment i still haven't beaten the final EX stage for the "other" rider story(the one where you need to use kagami theBee)