Lurker
Honestly, one of these days, I really want a spin off of HJU Radio called PS with Paul Sullivan or something equally corny just so he can get the last word because I find his ideas consistently more entertaining and insightful than everybody else. Hopefully it won't fall to the curse like Frasier or Joey (shudders).

Seriously, if you stop sharing your mind with the world because of a certain someone, it would be a sad day indeed.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
Alright, here's my problem: I'm seriously considering leaving HJU. Or at least, I won't be posting anymore. I'm sick and tired of the way people take me for granted so much that I don't even get a response when I ask people to leave me out of of their stupid drama, because I'm not one of the "important" members. But I am "in the circle" apparently, so if a thread comes up about me it's favoritism or some BS and my fault for being kind of popular (something I don't ask for, BTW) because I try to be helpful, kind and generally fair in dealing with people. Or maybe not, maybe I've got it all wrong, but I'm not even granted an explanation for that. Who cares what I think, right? I like a lot of the people here, but I am not going to put up with this if it makes me feel like I do right now.

So please, change my mind.

I'll agree with everyone else that you've probably got more on your mind right now and that's one of the reasons why you're thinking about "leaving."

A break from the site seems more beneficial for your case, whether it's a 1 month break, 1 week break or 1 year break.......it's clear you need to deal with your life right now considering with all of the stuff you have opened up to all of us about the stress you're dealing with.

But yeah, most of us really don't want you to leave. I mean through your commentary in the HJU podcasts, your blog, and the consistent Kamen Rider info you deliver to the HJU/toku online community, most people have grown to love you around these parts and it'd be almost close to a tragedy to see you quit HJU for good.

At least that's how I feel. If you need a break from HJU, then you should go do that.........but most of us especially myself would hate to see you leave this toku community of HJU for good

(っ・ω・)っ
Alright, here's my problem: I'm seriously considering leaving HJU. Or at least, I won't be posting anymore. I'm sick and tired of the way people take me for granted so much that I don't even get a response when I ask people to leave me out of of their stupid drama, because I'm not one of the "important" members. But I am "in the circle" apparently, so if a thread comes up about me it's favoritism or some BS and my fault for being kind of popular (something I don't ask for, BTW) because I try to be helpful, kind and generally fair in dealing with people. Or maybe not, maybe I've got it all wrong, but I'm not even granted an explanation for that. Who cares what I think, right? I like a lot of the people here, but I am not going to put up with this if it makes me feel like I do right now.

So please, change my mind.

You're a cool guy. I respect you even though I don't know you that well because you seem really mature and smart and have a good sense of humor.

I'd honestly be sad to see you go, but if this place is frustrating you and making you feel down then I don't blame you for leaving.
Though if you do go, pop around once in a while! I don't want Iga to be a shadow ;_;..

I don't know much about the situation.. but I also bet there are loads of people here who treat you just right. Maybe those other members don't want to leave you out of the drama because it gives them something to talk about.. but.. if it's making you feel that way then focus on your own stuff, take a break, and come back with stuff's cooled down.

Super Moderator
So, I've been generally keep this to myself for a while and keeping it as private journal posts on my own blog, but at this point, I just want to scream my frustrations out to the world and see how it reacts.

Please bare with me and hopefully people won't be too judgmental. I placed it under hide tags because it is ridiculous. :sweat:

[HIDE]I really, really, really wish I could be the type of girl who can just go to a club, party it up and go to bed with a handsome young man to spend one passionate night with and feel alright with myself.

Alas, I can never be that physically and emotionally vulnerable with a complete stranger.

While I have been dating since I was 14, I was sexually active until I was 17 and then didn't swipe my V-card so to speak until a year later with the guy I ended up dating until this past January. That's nearly a decade of dating one guy. The guy I honestly thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with.

He was perfect in my eyes. So incredibly handsome, articulate, smart, gamer, watched anime, and so incredibly silly and romantic.

Then, it all just fell apart. It seemed he realized just how wonderful he was and wanted to just experience new things outside of our relationship and our own little nerdoms. I suddenly felt unappreciated, unwanted and ignored. It's certainly my own fault too because I made him my world. It was all him 24/7 for me that I sacrificed friendships, school and work.

Then, when I started to pull myself together trying to take better care of myself, reconnecting with old friends, and putting more effort into school and work, I thought things would change but it didn't. We argued more and eventually, we decided to take a "break" around my 25th birthday.

However, despite how our rocky our relationship was, I thought, come our 7th year anniversary, there'd be something special. I mean, we had been the best of friends for nearly 10 years and it, to me, was worth celebrating.

But, alas, he decided that spending time with his friends merited more than I did. So, I was left spending our anniversary in tears. I don't think I've ever been hurt that badly or cried that hard. Even now when I think of it, I find my eyes start to water, 7 months later. It's something I can never forget and something I'm still finding it very difficult to forgive. The day after, he came to my house and we broke up.

About 5 months later, we reconnected and he's been going through the motions of trying to bridge the friendship we had. It's a bit rocky, especially since I believe I merit more effort than he's giving especially knowing how bad he fucked up in the end. At the moment, I am just giving what I receive.

Sadly, however, I openly admitted to still being ridiculously in love with him lately and *sigh* it doesn't help that he knows me well enough that I would drop a dime to sleep with him again.

I really wish sometimes that I was still a virgin when we broke up because to experience that kind of passionate love then yank it away from me is just...

onion_msn_smileys-10.gif

I thought at this point, I'd be able to find someone to replace him, but so far, no one has compared and it's sooooo infuriating. The one guy I thought would compare doesn't see me like that, but that's okay because he is now one of my best friends.

*sigh* I'm tired of being the girl who loves the drop dead gorgeous, cool geeky guy who doesn't see himself as drop dead gorgeous, cool guy then when he does, he leaves me to be a normal drop dead gorgeous cool guy who isn't into geeky stuff anymore.

You wanna talk about rare geeky girls? Well, I seem to find them a lot more than I do rare, hot, socially fluent, geeky guys willing to be the love my life and rock my socks off in the bedroom and out of it.

I know that the best I can do is keep on living my life the best that I can, keep working out, solidify my career, enjoy what fandoms I have and put myself out there and that rare guy and I will cross paths one day and the world will implode with our awesomeness.

Until then, I sadly, will have to deal with these moments when I'm still pining for that one that left me and try to spend my spare sexual frustration into playing games or just smacking thing around with my shinai. [/HIDE]

/rant

My sincere apologies for the angry personal essay. I'm so sorry~
cebollita_animated_onion-06.gif

Last edited:
Banned
Nah Angie, its good to vent out your frustrations.
There is someone perfect out there for all of us, you met a guy that was pretty close, but was not 100% compatible with you.

ジェイ・イー・フュージョン
@Iga
I agree with everyone here. Youa re suh a cool and respectable person in the forums and in the fandom.
Maybe like Kurenai had said, maybe you just need a little break to cool things off or like Mr Yellow said, if you see some guys get harsh on you just click on the ignore button. :)

Angie, I feel for you. I'd try to say something inspirational, but I can't really find the words for it. But I'm here. :thumbs:

Alright, as for me. Ever have those moments where real life decides to up and kick you in the face? Well, I got kicked, hard. One thing you must understand before I begin my rant, is that I'm not one who usually gets bothered by things, as I like to be cool, calm, and collected. Over these last few days however, I've lost that ideology, and I don't know if I can reassert myself in that way much longer.

I enjoy toku, enjoy writing, enjoy television, and pretty much all the things that I do that make me, me. But as things have gone on, I began to put these virtues to vices. I have no job, which happens to be my major concern. Today, I got a notice from my bank that I had overdrawn my account by nine dollars and thirteen cents. On top of that, I have a thirty eight dollar charge because of bounce protection. Adding insult to injury, I now have to pay my bank 47.13 for shitty smoothies. On top of that, the car insurance that is to be due this month is actually due next Monday. Right then and there I decided I had to sell some of my toku stuff, not only because I needed the money, but I felt that I had too. I felt that I needed to grow up.

"Life isn't a fairytale."

That quote, that single quote during this whole day of personal reflection had not only snapped me from my vicious reverie, but it made the utmost sense. I doubt I'll be able to accurately describe it in the way that it hit me, but all at once I had found that everything I had done up to this very point in my life, while for fun, had gotten me absolutely nowhere. I was a slacker in school, never wanting to do the work, but making the grades that got me past all the classes. I enjoyed that fact so much, I spent the last two years of high school coasting by, when in reality, I should've studied and studied until my heart and brain exploded. But I didn't, because being a slacker was easy.

I feel so bad, and I want to feel sorry for myself, but I can't, because that isn't proactive. That isn't the right way to go about things. The more I dilly dally, the more time I'll waste before my five year plan becomes the ten, and the ten becomes the fifteen, and the fifteen the twenty.

People strive for success because they want it. Did I falter in favor of some home built fallacy of laziness and gluttony?