wanna hear a joke?
I really didn't like Akiko in the beginning. I found her comedy to mostly just be an annoying distraction from why I was watching, saved only by the fact that there was this dramatic element hanging over them (revealing the whereabouts of her father, which took way too long to happen). It wasn't until more than halfway through when I finally felt like I could tolerate her, especially once she established a greater relationship with Ryu.

Unfortunately, Shunpei is not the character I wanted him to be, and he is far, far worse than Akiko could have even tried to be. He's okay once in a while, but I feel like he should be a recurring character rather than main cast. He's irrelevant, and not even funny.

As for Gavan, I liked it more than anybody on the show, but I agree with a lot of the complaints. The biggest problem, for me, is the direction and the editing. It is just the slowest film ever, with tons of long shots of characters staring off into space for no reason. Scenes that should take a minute and half are somehow elongated to five minutes, and even the simplest moments have to be shown from 34534 different camera angles.

I don't understand why the director has the impulse to do this, but I honestly think people would like this movie a lot more if it had been edited differently. It's over an hour, but they could probably drop about 15 minutes and not lose a single scene. In fact, they could have taken that 15 minutes and added a side-plot with Sharivan and Shaider so they don't feel so tacked-on.

Disappear into light!!
lol it's a different Osamu Kaneda from Super Hero Taisen, but it's still Osamu Kaneda at the director chair.

I really didn't like Akiko in the beginning. I found her comedy to mostly just be an annoying distraction from why I was watching, saved only by the fact that there was this dramatic element hanging over them (revealing the whereabouts of her father, which took way too long to happen). It wasn't until more than halfway through when I finally felt like I could tolerate her, especially once she established a greater relationship with Ryu.

Unfortunately, Shunpei is not the character I wanted him to be, and he is far, far worse than Akiko could have even tried to be. He's okay once in a while, but I feel like he should be a recurring character rather than main cast. He's irrelevant, and not even funny.

As for Gavan, I liked it more than anybody on the show, but I agree with a lot of the complaints. The biggest problem, for me, is the direction and the editing. It is just the slowest film ever, with tons of long shots of characters staring off into space for no reason. Scenes that should take a minute and half are somehow elongated to five minutes, and even the simplest moments have to be shown from 34534 different camera angles.

I don't understand why the director has the impulse to do this, but I honestly think people would like this movie a lot more if it had been edited differently. It's over an hour, but they could probably drop about 15 minutes and not lose a single scene. In fact, they could have taken that 15 minutes and added a side-plot with Sharivan and Shaider so they don't feel so tacked-on.

MOOOVE Shunpei! Get out the way! Get out the way! Shun, get out the way!

It'd be cool if they could turn his character around, but he seems solely there JUST to pander to little children.

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
SPITS OUT DRINK!!!!

WHAT... THE HELL........... WAS THAT!?!?!?!!?! :O_O:

It's a new webseries from the folks that make Red vs Blue. It starts in July and is being headed by the main animator for RvB. There are two other trailers out already for White and Black. I think the Yellow trailer will come out sometime in the next few months. I'm super hyped for this show.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt9vl8iAN5Q"]RWBY "White" Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImKCt7BD4U4"]RWBY "Black" Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

I did some searching. Thought I recognized that style. It's from the bad dude that made Dead Fantasy and Haloid. :castlerock:

I did some searching. Thought I recognized that style. It's from the bad dude that made Dead Fantasy and Haloid. :castlerock:

Yup! Monty Oum. He was hired by Rooster Teeth around season 8 of RvB and he's been kickin fuckin as since. :buttrock:

I actually didnt know about Dead Fantasy or Haloid till I saw his work on RvB. Kind of the backwards effect of everyone else for me. haha

Well, you know how RvB has been primarily in-game machinima, so that the characters can only do what you'd normally do in Halo game. Monty came in for season 8 and started fully animating the characters for fight scenes. And progressively through seasons 9 and 10, he's been helping fully animating some of the newer characters in the show, while the original Blood Gulch characters stay in the traditional machinima style.

Here are a couple of samples of what he's done. The first is from season 8 and is a fight scene involving the Blood Gulch characters. The second is from the beginning of season 9 with some of the newer characters. He's really helped change the dynamic of the show and with a full-on animation team backing him now at Rooster Teeth, things can only go up.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke9wtbzGjCI"]Red vs. Blue S8 Tex fights Reds and Blues in awesome action sequence - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ3OZfPsP2E"]Red vs. Blue Season 9 Preview - YouTube[/ame]