Thanks guys, great show as always!

Just a quick question regarding the short discussion on Wizard and particularly Shunpei.. I just finished watching Double, so I'm wondering, when Double was airing live, was the reaction to Akiko (the slipper girl) the same as it was to Shunpei? They seem to be very similar characters although just my gut feel is that people would not react as negatively to Akiko as they seem to be doing to Shunpei (or I could be wrong). Any thoughts?

Akiko to me was adorable, and she was thankfully integral to the KRW Universe being the owner of the detective agency and the daughter of Shotarou's mentor.

If Shunpei was somehow really a part of the team instead of just showing up saying, "I wanna help! WWWHOOOAAAAA!!!" he'd probably be more welcomed. Instead he's so...... add-on.

Mad Skillz
The general feeling towards Akiko tended to learn towards her being annoying and too cartoony from what I remember when the show was still fresh.

Aronbafon
Yeah, I remember there was a certain dislike for her because she was so shrill and more or less hyperactive. But as Terui started being more prominent it was toned down quite a bit.

Super Moderator
Thanks guys, great show as always!

Just a quick question regarding the short discussion on Wizard and particularly Shunpei.. I just finished watching Double, so I'm wondering, when Double was airing live, was the reaction to Akiko (the slipper girl) the same as it was to Shunpei? They seem to be very similar characters although just my gut feel is that people would not react as negatively to Akiko as they seem to be doing to Shunpei (or I could be wrong). Any thoughts?

Yeah, there was (and still is) some heavy-duty Akiko hate out there but she also has a lot of fans. To be totally honest I didn't like her at the start but she grew on me as the series went on and more of her part in the story was established. Now I can't really imagine the show without her. Though given my druthers I would've prefered they cut back on some of her more excessive wacky bits.

So I can see where some would find Akiko annoying but dear god Shunpei and Beast are on a whole other level. Their "humor" is so forced and obnoxious the story literally grinds to a halt for their antics.

In a recent episode that was trying sooooo damn hard to be funny the only genuinely funny moment came from Haruto when he feigned using a shoe for a phone and then made a face when he smelt the shoe. That little moment by itself was better than the rest which alternated between the plot with Medusa and being the Beast & Shunpei Dur-Hur "Comedy" Tour.

I guess I can see Akiko hate, but she made me laugh. If she showed up out of nowhere and was just a hanger-on to bop people with shoes and not a real part of the story, theeeennnnn she'd be more annoying to me.

The new Tendou Souji
Like I've prolly said before, the only bits I'd say that I really hated Akiko in is in Core and the Accel movies where instead of her being the her who either didn't slipper Shotaro because he was old or just tried to help out in her own way... she was...

[hide]TERUI, DIDN'T I SAY STOP KAMEN RIDING? DIDN'T I?!?!? WHY'D U DISOBEY ME?!

ALSO, CALL ME AKIKO; NOT CHIEF![/hide]

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
So I can see where some would find Akiko annoying but dear god Shunpei and Beast are on a whole other level. Their "humor" is so forced and obnoxious the story literally grinds to a halt for their antics.

In a recent episode that was trying sooooo damn hard to be funny the only genuinely funny moment came from Haruto when he feigned using a shoe for a phone and then made a face when he smelt the shoe. That little moment by itself was better than the rest which alternated between the plot with Medusa and being the Beast & Shunpei Dur-Hur "Comedy" Tour.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I have no problem with Beast at all. His comedy feels like the direction they wanted Shunpei to take before he went off the rails. Sure, he came out of nowhere, but at least he serves some kind of purpose. And I think the actor for Beast can pull it off a lot better than Shunpei's actor.

And about the Gavan movie, I actually enjoyed it for the most part. The love triangle fell flat, but all of the Gavan action was pretty fun to watch. And of course, Kenji Ohba can do no wrong. I just think that with a better script, Geki's actor could have shined a lot more. He's a real good actor and someone who can also do great action, as seen in the Go-Busters episodes. I wouldn't mind seeing another Gavan movie, just.....get a better director...

Oh, and Dustin, thank you for mentioning RWBY. It's a show I've been waiting to see for months. Everyone should check out this trailer, its pretty kickass and there are 2 more where that came from.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYW2GmHB5xs"]RWBY "Red" Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Would like to change his avatar
Even though I liked Akiko and thought she could be funny, her actress was really shrill and mugged a lot and could be really overbearing. Shunpei's not on that level to me, he's just...so insignificant, so nothing, that it's hard to see why people get so worked about about him. I think he'd be a lot less obnoxious if he didn't dress like an anime Punky Brewster.

Now, Beast, on the other hand...I hate him. He's as in-your-face as Akiko, but with a really stupid, one-note gag that was never funny. (I'm seriously afraid the finale will be Beast smothering either Wiseman or Medusa in mayo and eating them, and hilarity will ensue.) And the actor's performance is grating. We know next to nothing about Haruto, let's focus on him instead of this jackass.