HJU Radio #47 – Kamen Rider Fourze the Movie: Everybody It’s Space Time!

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
I'm about 2/3 through with the podcast and I gotta say that I'm on the same wavelength as Craig as far as this movie and Wizard is concerned. I didn't think this movie was that good and that it tried too much to be like A-to-Z without adding its own twist. The enemies felt like they had no value to them and didn't pose much of a threat. And I felt that Gentaro came out to look a lot more naive and moronic than in the show. He usually sees the good in people before anyone else does and has his reasons. Here, he just seemed to do it because it was his character. It just felt sub-par for me. I wouldn't go as far as to say its worse than SHT cuz.....goddamn that movie was bad. But I'd say its better than OOO Wonderful which I found absolutely terrible and a bore to sit through.

As far as Kamen Rider Wizard goes, from his cameo in the Fourze movie to the show itself, I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I can see why people don't like it since it isn't really breaking new ground like shows in recent past, but I still find it enjoyable. The suit design is becoming one of my favorite overall. The fights are some of the best choreographed in Kamen Rider that aren't directed by Koichi Sakamoto. Each form has a distinct style of fighting and honestly, Seiji Takaiwa is doing such a good job that I have half a mind to think that some of those stunts are by him. I like Haruto as a Rider and Kosuke as Beast is fun to watch. The supporting characters are definitely a weak point but its not like that hasn't been done before. I like where the show is going and unlike Fourze, I look forward to every episode as it is released.

Don't worry, my brother from down under, you got folks in your corner. :thumbs:

That might do it man. Maybe get each of the main cast have their own news to talk about. Iga could talk about Rider news, Lynxara sentai news, Vangelus TF news, etc.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone cause I really enjoyed this latest podcast. I agree too that having the geek-out sessions at the back works better. Please keep them though! Its really nice having a nice fat 3-4 hours worth of content I can load up on my phone for travelling :)

Thats what I mainly use it for. I'm a delivery driver for a Paint store who often makes trips out to places 2 hours + from our store, so a nice long episode of HJU is perfect for that. It's that and the Bombcast with a little Dave and Joel and maybe some DTR.

Vangelus' WTF @ TFW is really good for long rides as is Craig's Fwooshcast.

Glad you enjoyed,m showercap and welcome to the halls of justice. :)

Inui..................... why do you hate freedom?

You know...Van's "Good Morning" habit...the "Ohayo!" song from Kamen Rider Hibiki episode 1 played in my head for a while. For a minute there, I thought HJU was going into song and dance.

I'm A Djinn
Thanks for the ep. I liked the movie a lot too. I can understand Craig's disappointment with it but I just dont share the feeling.

Given that this movie happened a few episodes before the series finale I find that the characterization has for the most part been consistent of where they were by that point. They were already mostly exaggerations of each other's personality so it really didnt bug me so much.

I do share the opinion on the direction of the 40 switch thing. I get what it is going for and it is pretty emotional stuff but I do agree that it couldve been visually handled a lot better.

I also agree that the villains really seemed to be just there to be the bad guys. The KR and the NEVER guys, Len Kannagi and even his 2 lackeys that barely talked had more character in them than these 2. I like them fine enough and I appreciate the Kyodain homage but as characters I just found them not too memorable.

On a personal Fourze note, I will always hold hope to see my Sono-chan outside of a Netmovie again someday. BTW those specific Netmovies deserved to be in the freaking TV series. WTF is up with dumping it in that non-canonical 5 minute short formats? It was excellent character building of the VERY FIRST enemy general and they didnt have that in the TV series itself? I thought it would have been such a better send-off to the Scorpio horoscopes than the shitty treatment she got at the end. Still, it was a treat to see something rather serious in a Netmovie. I thought they were going to go the same route with Libra and his "interviews".

The movie finally got me to start watchng my pile Wizard episodes that I planned on saving up until it was in it's 30s but yeah...

And Im glad I finally did.

The 3rd season of GARO really caught me off-guard, looking forward to it. Akibarangers 2 as well.

Thanks for the entertaining 3+ hours of podcasting. Keep up the great work!