HJU Radio #46 – The End of Gobusters & The Rise of Kyoryuger

482353_2304881427017_398465278_n.jpg

[Download]

(We ran in to some audio issues by the end, so… sorry about that. )

The torch is passed once again. Enter gets put down once and for all, to see yet a new threat arise with the Deboss Legion. Thankfully new heroes are ready to take up gun and dinosaur to fight for justice. Click and enjoy the latest episode of HJU Radio! Let’s get wild!

What’cha Been Geeking On? [0:00:00 to 1:30:12]
More Geeking [1:30:13 to 2:18:00]
GOBUSTERS! [2:18:00 to 3:52:57]
KYORYUGER! [3:54:10 to 5:04:04]

HJU Radio Sentai POOOOOODCASTERS!
Keith Justice
Lynxara
MattComix
Jon Fuu [Soundcloud] [YouTube]

Special thanks to Dustin Beadle who did the graphics for this episode.

Special thanks to forum member Jon Fuu. Without his post-production work, there would be no show.

The new Tendou Souji
Eh, I wouldn't bash Kyoryuuger alone for having a slow OP song play during a fight; it's not like it's the only sentai to do that *cough*Kakuranger*cough*.

Eh, I wouldn't bash Kyoryuuger alone for having a slow OP song play during a fight; it's not like it's the only sentai to do that *cough*Kakuranger*cough*.

Nice that you noted one of the wacky sentai in the 90s (well, Kaku did have an excellent final arc).

The Kyoryuranger OP is growing on me, but the thing that still annoys me is that this series is kinda mirroring Decade a bit. The Samba music and the "Diend" Henshin. But then again, I'm smiling a bit because if this show turns out wacky...look what happened with Go-on and Gosei...:laugh:

PS: If I used Carranger/Turbo as an example...I'd be shot.:sweat:

As Lynx put it previous epiosde...it's all in context.

Lynx...that Kikaider manga ending...that's more or less how the anime ended. However, the anime continues with a special with Kikaider's team up with Inazuman.

Lynx, have you read any versions of Ishinomori's Skullman? Both versions were pretty good.

"WE WERE BORN IN THE WRONG ERA!!!":buttrock:

Super Moderator
Lynx...that Kikaider manga ending...that's more or less how the anime ended. However, the anime continues with a special with Kikaider's team up with Inazuman.

Good point! I had totally forgot about the Inazuman team-up.

Mad Skillz
Dustin/Decade is pretty hilarious to listen to. Please have him on more.

Also, "Kamen Rider Kabuto is like the birth of the universe" is the best thing Keith has ever said.

Last edited:
Super Moderator
So the solar system is really full of itself and secretly wants to be a cooking anime?

Did not not listen to what I said?

Tendou is the sun. Bright, explosive, gives light to the solar system. But the true and interesting story.... is the developing blue planet, Earth... who is Kagami.