HJU Radio #46 – The End of Gobusters & The Rise of Kyoryuger

Good point! I had totally forgot about the Inazuman team-up.

One scene I liked from that..."Machine Gun Guitar"

Did not not listen to what I said?

Tendou is the sun. Bright, explosive, gives light to the solar system. But the true and interesting story.... is the developing blue planet, Earth... who is Kagami.

The thing I liked about Kabuto is that Tendou was arrogant, but you got the impression that he had to do it for a reason; sure, it turned into a Luke/Leia moment second half...but still I never saw Tendou as a jerk because when he was by himself you knew he was holding back his feelings towards something and that was the mystique to him personality.

Kagami was the GanGan G turned Kamen Rider G...and I liked how over time their stories intertwined to the point that it felt like Tendou and Kagami were destined to be partners.

Then again, they dropped the ball on Yaguruma and Thebee Zecter got shafted.

*cries*

PS: Keith, must you used the Big Bang Theory of the Universe to describe Kabuto...???

*sigh*

One scene I liked from that..."Machine Gun Guitar"

The thing I liked about Kabuto is that Tendou was arrogant, but you got the impression that he had to do it for a reason; sure, it turned into a Luke/Leia moment second half...but still I never saw Tendou as a jerk because when he was by himself you knew he was holding back his feelings towards something and that was the mystique to him personality.

Kagami was the GanGan G turned Kamen Rider G...and I liked how over time their stories intertwined to the point that it felt like Tendou and Kagami were destined to be partners.

Then again, they dropped the ball on Yaguruma and Thebee Zecter got shafted.

*cries*

PS: Keith, must you used the Big Bang Theory of the Universe to describe Kabuto...???

*sigh*

Solar system!!! Not the universe!! :shakefist

Super Moderator
Crom laughs at your ikemen solar system!

cromlaughs_zps62b1d5e5.gif

100% Tank Engine
Do any of you guys have a link to the cosplay thread you mentioned in the podcast? I'm very interested in it.

Actually, with Uni resuming, I haven't quite finished listening to the podcast yet (and the reverb was starting to give me a headache, but these things happen). I still think you need a better microphone, Keith (I probably do, too, to be fair). Also, a bit more leveling of the audio i.e. keeping everyone at the same volume would be helpful.

But other than that, another great show as usual. So great that I bought Kikaider v1 on Comixology and then realised that I absolutely had to buy Inazuman, too, because it's Shotaro Ishinomori, and that man is, or at least was, a genius.

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
That was a pretty good episode. My only gripe is that not much time was spent on discussing different aspect of the shows since a lot of it was spent with the Geeking On segment (constructive criticism but Jon took up a looooot of time that could have been spent elsewhere). For example, not much was said about the last arc of Go-Busters that dealt with the Messiah cards and how that effected the course of the show. A bit was said about the dynamic between Enter and Escape towards the end, but I hoped to hear more analysis about the how the show turned out after the retooling.

There also wasn't much discussion about what actually went on in the first Kyouryuger episode outside of initial impressions. Which I guess since there was only one episode subbed at the time of recording, that's fine. It just felt like a lot of tangents were taken that didn't lead anywhere. So we only got a taste of the discussion on the show.

Don't mean to rag on the episode, I was just really looking forward to hearing more discussion about these shows.

Also, screw you guys, I'm with Dustin. The opening to Kyouryuger is friggin awesome. It takes a lot of willpower not to yell like the announcer whenever I hear that song.

The new Tendou Souji
Nice that you noted one of the wacky sentai in the 90s (well, Kaku did have an excellent final arc).

Eh, just a coincidence, considering I was mostly just thinking about the music and not the wackiness when I posted that.

My only gripe is that not much time was spent on discussing different aspect of the shows since a lot of it was spent with the Geeking On segment (constructive criticism but Jon took up a looooot of time that could have been spent elsewhere).

Agreed.