[Direct Download]

HJU Radio rolls out another episode that’s quick by our standards, but still clicking in at over 2 hours. No specific topic tis time aroud, but if you like geek yapping.. this’ll do you right.

Mike Dent joins us in the studio along with the man that makes the show possible, MC Jon Fuu. Strike a post and fire up your mp3player of choice.

Here’s the geek score card:

Minecraft
Pokemon Black/White
ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Prime
Dragon Age 2 DLC
NYCC
NicoNico.Com
Guilty Crown (from the director of High School of the Dead)
The Tomorrow People
Tomica Rescue Fire/Force
G.I. Joe Comic Books
Transformers Cyberverse: Autobot Guzzle from CookSux
Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers
Transformers Prime
Power Rangers Samurai
RangerBoard Mod vs. Jason David Frank Story

Facebook and Twitter Listener Questions

Battle Hero vs. Gun Caliber
Space Battleship Yamato

Last edited by a moderator:
Mad Skillz
Two hours is a minisode? :p

Definitely gotta mention that Goseiger thing, there really isn't in there that would be objectionable for Power Rangers, I've never understood why anyone saw a decent amount of the show would say that. The religious stuff is nonexistent, they're angels in the generic guardian angels sense. The angelic imagery is also like 99% confined to the human footage, so it's the easiest thing in the world to cut. That's what's great about Goseiger, you have action footage that clearly defines the character types, but everything else is so generic that you're not locked into any specific theme. . . . though with Power Rangers being on Nick now, I think it would be beyond awesome if they played up the elemental tribe aspect and tried to piggyback off the popularity of Avatar. (the new Avatar series would be starting around the same time as the Goseiger adaptation) Goseiger had various themes, but none of them were played up to a greater degree than the other, so you have a plethora of things to choose to that can be played up in original footage.

Also, Metal Heroes, yeah, they rock and everyone should watch them. Tokusatsu of the Month has really gotten me into Metal Heroes as a franchise this year so much that it's my favorite franchise now.

Last edited:
Supaidaman!
Keith, the EEEPad Transformer Prime (Or whatever they're calling it) runs Android, not Windows. You're almost guaranteed to get less-than-great codec support since you're limited to individual apps rather than just being able to install codec packs. In theory Android 4.0 supports MKV, but who knows what codecs that includes - not 10-bit last I checked.

You'd probably be better off getting a bluetooth keyboard like a DiNovo Mini for your existing laptop.

I tried that at first and through my own fault I bought a keyboard that was way too tiny.

With an app I won't have to worry about codecs. There's an app that will allow me to watch stuff on my laptop using its players.

Now Demonic
I wish Vangolus was there. Of course the podcast would be like 4 times longer.

I kind of wish he had some wild theory about Saban making up for Samurai by fusing Gokaiger and Goseiger into one series which is really why it's called mega force, taking the original idea for Ninja Storm with two opposing Power Ranger teams fighting against each other. One who wants to stop the other from using the past powers of other teams, and the other who are using those powers because they believe it's the only way to save the world. Oh with all the footage the possibilities are endless.

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
Hey, I got a shout out. Awesome! Glad I was there in spirit. :thumbs:

I'm really hoping that Gokaiger vs Gavan movie spawns a new season of Metal hero. It seriously did a lot of things tokusatsu doesnt do enough of nowadays. Mike explanation of how trippy Gavan is was dead on and is reason enough to check it out. Plus, Kenji Ohba is pretty fuckin awesome.

Also, that Asus Transformer Pad is tempting as hell. I saw vids of it a couple of months ago and damn its slick. And hearing that you can sync it to your laptop and control it from there is killin me. Damnit Keith, dont make me buy this damned thing!

I have a stupid idea. How about some more segments in HJU Radio other than Geeking on then Main subject. You could have a Keith's Love Corner and give advise on how to meet other geeks in the fandom. I think that could have some funny and entertaining results considering all the shared humor you guys all have. I'll think up some questions and submit them.