[Direct Download]

The team is assembled once again for your listening pleasure! Click on, download and enjoy!

What we’ve been geekin’ on:
BotCon 2011
Transformers: Dark of the Moon First Impressions
The New Thundercats
Official Translated Tokusatsu Comics on GET YOUR COMICS
Vangelus’s EPIC RANT about Kamen Rider Movie War Core!
Portal 2
L.A. Noire
Star Trek: Deep Space 9

Our RagTag team is as follows:

HUGE thanks goes out to FuuNoKami Oka who once again rocked the post production, making the show possible.

The Famous IGADEVIL! Special thanks to him for this episode’s graphic and the kickass graphic you’ll see on your mp3 player while you play this episode.

the Plastic Addict, TJOmega

WTF @ TFW’s Vangelus who has a MOST rockin’ YouTube Channel

Below is from Dami-Chan. Check out his Facebook Group Redwolf Asylum!

hjuradio-promo3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
In Justice, We Trust!
They should make a Den-O movie in the same style as the First and the NEXT:laugh:

ONORE CHIHARRRUUUUUUU!!!:laugh: I watched the FIRST and the NEXT before listening to this episode. sigh..........

Okay, so I'm listening to this now and a very shouty Vangelus wanted to see someone try to defend Chiharu, so here I go. I'm not going to say she was a good character or part of a good plot, but I will maintain that, relatively speaking, it was a lot better than the Snake and Cobra one from The First. That part of the first movie always felt incredibly pointless, poorly developed, and, ultimately, it never seemed like there was any payoff to it. With Chiharu, at least, it feels like Inoue made some attempt to take the movie he would have rather been writing and actually integrate it with the Kamen Rider stuff (I have this theory that Inoue is completely sick of writing tokusatsu but no one will let him do anything else, hence the romance and horror film elements of these films). It was not handled even remotely well, but I didn't feel like my time was being completely wasted with the subplot like it was in The First because it would at least occasionally lead a character to a main plot point.

CHANGE! GoseiJon!
What was taken out of this? There is almost 10 minutes of stuff taken out. If there was something in there that you wanted to take out, I could have done it.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
Vangelus rants with EPIC MUSIC in the background :rofl:

Space Ninja
Gonna drop in to give my own two cents. First of all, this is only the second HJU Radio I've actually listened to the entire way (strange, given the length and AWFUL subject, haha). I think being a regular listener and thus knowing half the hosts beforehand probably helped, but I dunno, something about this and the previous Thor review that clicked, versus... whatever episodes I've attempted before. So if the reason I haven't listened all this time was a quality issue, I guess it's safe to say that's vastly improved!

Now, unfortunately to the film itself. Unlike many others, I've maintained that I simply don't hate The Next the way other people appear to loathe it and Chiharu. I figured that the reason for this was that I hadn't watched nearly enough J-horror to be bored of the concept, or others simply hated Drake as V3, when he seemed to do an alright job. I never loved The Next, don't get me wrong, but I didn't see the reason behind all the vitriol.

Instead, it seems the actual issue with this is that I don't actually remember the entire movie. Obvious issues like Hongo apparently ending up in a relationship with jailbait or everything Chiharu aside, I actually could not, for the life of me, remember the gaping plotholes you guys discussed, how Shocker does not actually lead to so much of the death in this film directly, why Hongo acts so stupidly, or the half-dozen other issues like this! Normally, I'd say that this would warrant watching the film a second time... but I don't really want to do that. I think I'd rather remain blissfully unaware of how crappy the film is, letting it live on only in my memories and the occassional viewing of the badass Chosen Soldier music video.

Now Demonic
Instead, it seems the actual issue with this is that I don't actually remember the entire movie.

Same here. Doesn't that make you glad you got it for free?

Of course those two hours I'll never get back. Was it two hours? I don't even remember. :laugh:

What a piece of crap.