[Click to Download]

HJU Radio is back on the air and in your ears with tokusatsu and geekery. In this episode we get our geek on, then IgaDevil and Van talk about the VEERRRRY first episode of Kamen Rider and then we dig in to the 1000th episode of Kamen Rider and more OOO’s discussion.

Click on and enjoy!

Our ragtag group is as follows:
The Famous IGADEVIL! Special thanks to him for this episode’s graphic and the kickass graphic you’ll see on your mp3 player while you play this episode.

WTF @ TFW’s Vangelus who has a MOST rockin’ YouTube Channel

Special thanks to FuuNoKami Oka aka Jonathan Howe who stepped up to make this episode possible in record time. Without him, there would be no show.

In Justice, We Trust!
Keith, you didn't get the full E-Hobby set right?

Do you plan on getting the Igear head set?

私の占いは当たる
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIt8_AJsVcI"]YouTube - Date does the OOO belt voice[/ame]

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
Great podcast as always :thumbs:

I was sort of lukewarm on the 999 and 1000 ep of KR OOO. But after hearing about some of the details i missed, i want to go back and watch them again. Im also following the Kit subs of Kamen Rider and I am really liking i so far. I definitely see Hongo as "THE Kamen Rider" now as opposed to before where i knew the significance but didnt really feel it.

Oh, and I didnt catch the random female cameos and their significance, except for one. The one that was called Susan Boyle. Her and the skinny chick are a comedy duo in japan and its like a running gag or bit that they do on various variety shows where they say she looks like different folks. Like she has been jokingly mistaken for Michael Moore or a fat Harry Potter.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
Keith, this scene from episode 11 didn't tell you enough that it was Sakamoto directing both Shinkenger tribute episodes?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_WkxJ3-pYo"]IT'S FRICKIN POWER RANGERS!!![/ame]

Oh, and there's a nostalgic edited version of that scene as well (includes freakin Lost Galaxy music for Gingaman henshin)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKMWF6k9XIk"]IT'S FRICKIN POWER RANGERS (nostalgic music version with Lost Galaxy too)[/ame]

In Justice, We Trust!
私の占いは当たる
oate94.jpg

Keith...in question to Hina's "Monsterous" Strength...

She is a part of a line of heroines known as, what I like to call, ..."Firecracker" Girls...non transforming female characters that has no qualms of stepping toe to toe with anyone...and which series started this trend? Your favorite Rider Series...

Den-O

...Hana started the trend of angry little firecrackers that can whoop your ass whether being a rider or kaijin...

Hana with her proficient right cross (...or Kohana...with her lead pipe, rocket launcher, and rider kick...:laugh:)...but it makes sense Keith...afterall Hana has her father's stubborness and her mother's temper.:laugh:

Shizuka...who can dynamite swing Garulu across the room.

Natsumi...and her pressure point thumb

Akiko...and her no non-sense slipper

Hina...and her monsterous strength

btw Keith...

Concerning that MAD TV sketch concerning Jesus and the Terminator...best bit of that skit...

The Terminator constantly trying to kill Judas and Jesus resurrecting Judas, only to be killed again.

Terminator: GET DOWN!!!
*shoots Judas with a shotgun*
Jesus: He is one of my apostles.
*resurrects Judas*
Terminator: But he will betray you!!!
*shoots Judas*
Jesus: I know that! Look I am not having a good day.
*resurrects Judas*
Terminator: LOOK OVER THERE!!!
*shoots Judas as everyone turns their heads*
Jesus: THAT'S IT...GIVE ME THAT THING!!!

PS: Speaking of Machine Girl, Keith...The Heat Dopant should of had a gatling gun arm for her weapon. Luna had a whip, Metal had the staff, Trigger had the machine gun, and Eternal had the combat knife.