Toy of the Year: Figma Kamen Rider Dragon Knight
Game of the Year: Mortal Kombat

GAMMA TSUNAMI! (╯°□°)╯︵
The Best tokusatsu I saw this year:
Dairanger

The Best Movie I saw this year:
Sherlock Holmes

Some of my favourite youtube videos of 2011:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muVfidujxRg"]My Little Pony Physics Presentation - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftvZFUg4HPc"]Night Of Pony ? ?????????? ???????????????? - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeTtZuzLmsU"]The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary - YouTube[/ame]

The best anime I saw this year:
Princess Tutu

The best toy I got this year:
Ranger Keys

The best game I got this year:
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3/Mortal Kombat

best events in 2011:

* interviewed Niwa Mikiho (GoseiYellow/Mone) through e-mail.
* my life in Tokyo.
* met Niwa Mikiho (GoseiYellow/Mone) on July 2, July 22 and then October 1.
* met Ozawa Ryota (GokaiRed/Captain Marvelous) on September 23.
* met Chiba Yudai (GoseiRed/Arata) on October 30. I lost his autographed calendar on the way to Narita Airport on Christmas Eve though. :bawling:

best games in 2011:

* Ryuu ga Gotoku 4: Densetsu no Tsugumono
* LA Noire
* inFamous 2

best movies in 2011:

* X-men First Class
* Captain America The First Avenger
* Paradise Kiss

best Toku in 2011:

* Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger

Fly up, TaJaDor!
My own personal "Best of 2011" picks.

Best Tokusatsu series - Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger. This series has been such a thrill-ride. From the throw-backs to previous series, the awesome fights, bad-ass moments. (cough Don saving Marvelous cough) From being a PR fan for as long as I can remember, the chance of seeing all those old suits again was sweet. I can only hope Saban accomplishes something this awesome for Power Rangers' 20th Anniversary.

Best Tokusatsu movie - A tie between Let's Go Kamen Riders and Gokaiger Goseiger 199 Heroes Great Battle. Both such awesome Anniversary movies, with a lot of really great moments. (The Retro Riders appearing in Let's Go Kamen Riders, every fight in Gokaiger Goseiger 199 Heroes)

Best Animated series - Transformers Prime. Awesome, awesome, awesome. Peter Fucking Cullen. The animation was top-notch, as well. All-around great.

Best Video Game - Nintendo's Wii system. Bought it early in the year, bought a few games for it. My favorites have been Okami, Smash Bros Brawl, and my first Zelda console game, Twilight Princess. My gaming experiences will only get better in 2012, with the purchase of both a PS3 and a 3DS in the near future.

Best Toys - S.H. Figuarts. This marked the first year of collecting Tokusatsu Figuarts. (I got Gohan a while back, but eh) Shinken Red, Kamen Rider Kabuto, and Kamen Rider FangJoker are my first three. Only three cause I started collecting them late in the year, and only recently learned Amazon sold a few of 'em.
NTdH1l.jpg

Best Anime - Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. After getting all 5 DVD sets this year, I was able to watch the entire series in Japanese, a feat I'm proud of. The first Anime DVD collection I both own and finished in the year I got it all.

Last edited: