Hidden Strike, John Cena and Jackie Chan saves the World

Administrator
<p>Hidden Strike is an English Language Chinese movie. It is Chinese Cinema’s attempt to crossover around the world. China is the biggest market in the world and they make Billions of dollars yearly. Hollywood is always try to release movies in China because it gives them big profits. On the other hand China struggles to get an international Market. There is a momentum in early 2000s with Crouching Tiger: Hidden Dragon and Hero. Then in 2010s we have “The Great Wall” and “The Meg”. I am not surprised John Cena making a Chinese film because he loves Chinese culture. He even speaks Mandarin fluently. Hidden Strike is directed by Scott Waugh who made “Need for Speed.”</p>

Local Florist
If "Hidden Strike" becomes a success, it could open doors for more collaborations between Hollywood and Chinese cinema. It's a win-win situation that could result in more crossovers but I am not impressed. It felt like a Wallmart version of Rush hour.

I'll be honest, I'm not interested in watching "Hidden Strike" primarily because of Jackie Chan's involvement. His political leanings and support for censorship in China don't sit well with me. It's a personal choice, but I'd rather not support his projects..I can't support an actor who seems to prioritize political alignment over artistic freedom and human rights. It's a shame, really.

Administrator
Staff member
While I appreciate the efforts of Chinese Cinema to expand globally, I can't help but feel underwhelmed by the trailer for "Hidden Strike." The overall production value looks subpar, and it raises doubts about the movie's ability to compete with other high-quality action films. Seriously Indonesia can make better looking Action movies than this for a fraction of a cost. Also it felt like its supports oil industry. Everyone should be using E-vehicles in a decade or two.

Cock-a-doodle-doo
It's great to see Jackie Chan back in an English language film after a while.China has struggled a bit to gain a solid international foothold.I'm excited to see him back in action and see if this movie can live up to his past successes.

One cannot ignore the presence of John Cena, who has established himself as a notable movie star after his successful wrestling career.It's truly remarkable to witness the incredible journey of John Cena, transitioning from a wrestler being booed out of the building by the WWE fans to a successful movie star.