http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=DSTD-3403

Ooookay. That's...odd. I mean I realize Power Rangers was shown dubbed in Japan but still. And why just S.P.D.? I'm tempted to get this just for the sheer novelty of it. I would assume this is an attempt to cash in on the 35th anniversary. Maybe the Japan versions were popular. Dunno. Thoughts?

GAMMA TSUNAMI! (╯°□°)╯︵
What wrong with The Japense dub of Power rangers SPD on DVD? They made VHS tapes for past seasons.

Sorry bout that Deluxe, that's not what I meant. Absolutely nothing wrong with it at all. I just think it's odd that they're only releasing one DVD from a seemingly random season. I'd be curious as to why they chose S.P.D. Anyone know if that particular dubbed season got higher ratings than others in Japan? ... okay, just found the item listing on Amazon.co.jp and a bad Google translation seems to suggest that it being more popular may be the case.

Lurker
From what I understand, there was a lot of interest in S.P.D. From the different personalities, to the Doggie Crugar costume, and even the Battleizer, which was used in the Dekaranger VS Magiranger movie.

There have also been other Power Rangers dubbed in Japan before this, I forget which ones, but there were a couple.

From what I understand, there was a lot of interest in S.P.D. From the different personalities, to the Doggie Crugar costume, and even the Battleizer, which was used in the Dekaranger VS Magiranger movie.

Ah yeah, forgot about that. That would probably explain it then. Neat.

what's best is the voice dubs will be done by the original Dekaranger cast members. :buttrock: it still doesn't change the fact that Dekaranger is better though. :p