Here’s Wednesday, Snap Snap

Staff member
Netflix has been working on an Addams Family spinoff centered on a teenage Wednesday for a couple years. Today was the day they opened the coffin and revealed their creation to the world. The show is produced by Tim Burton and sticks the deadpan delight into boarding school — Nevermore Academy, a place for everyone kooky and ooky to learn algebra.
There’s a problem with the premise Burton set up here, and it’s this: The Addams Family works best when they are in high contrast to their surroundings. By that I mean they NEED to be surrounded by normal people, specifically horrible normal people. The Addamses are the ultimate prejudice allegory; they look and act terrifying but they are actually very loving and supportive of each other. When they’re pitted against average humans that look pretty on the outside but are cruel jerks on the inside, it’s great. The past few adaptions have fully understood this. Addams Family Values is very cathartic to watch.
This trailer started out...

Continue reading...

K

KELLY

Cristina Ricci will always be Wednesday Adams to me but I will give this new girl a chance.

Lurker
I loved Jenna Ortega in Babysitter 2. I hope this show will put her name to the map. She deserves fame!

Froggy Afternoon
This is the exceptional example of how a teaser trailer should be made. While the series' whole plot or description is not provided, the environment and mood are perfectly captured. I'm glad they didn't make them "kind of creepy but not really" like the new movies did. I adore the feeling that Wednesday is developing into a true sociopath.

Tower Climber
Did Wednesday just killed that swimmer by putting piranhas in a pool? LOL she kills people for real now instead of just being a creepy girl.

Hey I just met you!
Her personality was well caught by the lighting and filters, which complemented the trailer's vibe flawlessly. I'm excited to watch this series. Tim Burton is an absolute genius. He doesn't receive enough praise for the effort he put in. He's undoubtedly among the top cinematic filmmakers of our time!

Although I believe it will be very difficult to beat Christina Ricci's performance as Wednesday Addams, I believe Jenna Ortega appears to be really excellent in this 2-minute trailer. When the Netflix original series debuts, I am eager to watch it. Her personality was well caught by the lighting and filters, which complemented the trailer's vibe flawlessly. I'm excited to watch this series.

Larping is a contact sports!
I feel old that Catherine Zeta Jones is now playing a mom role. OMG my age is showing.

Does anyone want to let Tim Burton know that fish cannot tolerate chlorine exposure? In this circumstance, those piranhas will die. It's a sure bet that piranhas and chlorine-treated pool water don't get along very well. I have aquariums so I know.