Well the less people that are here the more random people's posting times will be. So if we aren't on the same page you'll just forget. It's not like we used to know when certain people would be on, but we did know that someone would be.

It doesn't help when the shows progressively lose their souls and become cash grabbing corpses. That may have been the main reason I don't come often. If I don't have the urge to talk about something, the feeling like I'm going to explode if I don't share my thoughts, then why else would I come?

My toku life in general is on heavy decline really, I drop Sentai's now (which I thought I'd never do), I don't even remember what Kamen Rider is, and PR is just in a different place now with no intentions of evolving.

This is why I'm still excited to watch Ultraman. Yeah, the new shows are definitely way more toy-heavy than their predecessors, but it's the only tokusatsu series that still experiments and doesn't always stick to a format. Last year, Ultraman X framed an entire episode around a news crew following and interviewing XiO for a day, and the episode was presented as a special report. You'll never see Kamen Rider or Sentai try anything like that.

I can't attest to Garo since I haven't watched the show yet (waiting on O-T to finish their scrubs of season 1), but it sounds like that's become a major alternative for a lot of fans who have also become jaded by the big two franchises. Honestly, I'm feeling that way too. Zyuohger is the first Sentai that hasn't been trying to irritate me since Gokaiger (that's five years!), Ghost has become a trainwreck, and Ex-Aid looks pretty awful.

So yeah, I think the overall decline in quality and interest in the new shows is something else to consider as to why HJU has collapsed.

Well the less people that are here the more random people's posting times will be. So if we aren't on the same page you'll just forget. It's not like we used to know when certain people would be on, but we did know that someone would be.

It doesn't help when the shows progressively lose their souls and become cash grabbing corpses. That may have been the main reason I don't come often. If I don't have the urge to talk about something, the feeling like I'm going to explode if I don't share my thoughts, then why else would I come?

My toku life in general is on heavy decline really, I drop Sentai's now (which I thought I'd never do), I don't even remember what Kamen Rider is, and PR is just in a different place now with no intentions of evolving.

This is why I'm still excited to watch Ultraman. Yeah, the new shows are definitely way more toy-heavy than their predecessors, but it's the only tokusatsu series that still experiments and doesn't always stick to a format. Last year, Ultraman X framed an entire episode around a news crew following and interviewing XiO for a day, and the episode was presented as a special report. You'll never see Kamen Rider or Sentai try anything like that.

So yeah, I think the overall decline in quality and interest in the new shows is something else to consider as to why HJU has collapsed.

THIS. I've dropped Sentai since Ninninger Episode 10 and I couldn't even get pass 12 episodes for Zyuohger. I'm glad ToQger was the last series that I've completed though. that was such a rare gem and it's my second favourite after Gokaiger for 2010s series. since then I've moved on to catch up on some older J-dramas, some Marvel/DC TV series and after so many years, I've finally gotten interested in Ultraman. Ultraman Orb isn't that great, but it's still watchable to a certain degree unlike what Toei is churning out lately.

I haven't watched any Ultraman post-Zero yet, but I agree in general. Ultraman still has "heart" unlike Rider and Sentai. It feels like a superhero show instead of just going through the motions. The heroes actually save or generally help people instead of just interacting with a cloistered group of characters with little impact on the rest of the world until the very end, if that.

I can't attest to Garo since I haven't watched the show yet (waiting on O-T to finish their scrubs of season 1), but it sounds like that's become a major alternative for a lot of fans who have also become jaded by the big two franchises.

I think you're a few years too late for that. Garo was huge back during seasons 1 and 2 with the original cast. People were calling it one of the best shows ever, which was frankly an overstatement. (I enjoy Garo, but mostly for the lore, the music, and the visuals. Plot-wise there isn't much variety between seasons. I think every one of them has had at least one Makai member who went bad.) Since Season 3 the excitement has died down to a few glowing embers.

What we really need is a jumpstart on subbing Metal Hero shows. Only the Space Sheriffs, Metalder and Winspector are fully subbed, and the former two have HKs mixed in. That's a paltry amount.

Ehh, Metal Heroes are such a dead franchise though, no matter how many times Toei tries to revive it. I don't see how these older shows being put out there will drum up interest in the community.

Besides, fansub groups have started to show plenty of interest in the franchise for a while now. MFC has 9 episodes left of Gavan, MegaBeast has 8 episodes left of Juspion, and are also about a third through Janperson. Finally, Weeaboo-Shogun is 7 episodes into Solbrain.

Besides, if all of those shows get finished, then that's already a third of all Metal Hero shows worth subbing (no one is ever going to touch Kabutack or Robotack unless it's out of irony).

Well, actually............ so yeah, life got REALLY busy and the last crop of toku has not been good or inspiring. With life, dropped interest I kinda dropped off, but I did find some other incredible things.

Another thing that happened was... the reboot. I paid someone the money we all donated and that person did not do the job. They kinda fucked us and I'm not happy about it.

Buuuuut.... I found someone else... and this has been something I've been working on and toward for yeeeaars now. But now, someone is ACTUALLY on the job. It's ACTUALLY being built and we'll do some updating to ol' HJU with new designs and software. Changes are coming, but this fucking things take forever if you can't program sites yourself.

Most of what we've been doing is on Facebook. I interact with other fans just from my FB profile. And the HJU FB is doing pretty well.

Sorry for the drop off, but we're working on it. And we could use all the help we can get. Let me know if any of you would like to contribute to the front page posting news and geekness.

Cheers... and thanks to all of you for still hanging out. :)

Well, actually............ so yeah, life got REALLY busy and the last crop of toku has not been good or inspiring. With life, dropped interest I kinda dropped off, but I did find some other incredible things.

Another thing that happened was... the reboot. I paid someone the money we all donated and that person did not do the job. They kinda fucked us and I'm not happy about it.

Buuuuut.... I found someone else... and this has been something I've been working on and toward for yeeeaars now. But now, someone is ACTUALLY on the job. It's ACTUALLY being built and we'll do some updating to ol' HJU with new designs and software. Changes are coming, but this fucking things take forever if you can't program sites yourself.

Most of what we've been doing is on Facebook. I interact with other fans just from my FB profile. And the HJU FB is doing pretty well.

Sorry for the drop off, but we're working on it. And we could use all the help we can get. Let me know if any of you would like to contribute to the front page posting news and geekness.

Cheers... and thanks to all of you for still hanging out. :)

You mean the MMPR fan film? Yeah. That sucks.

Great to know there's some cool changes coming.

Some kind of Beast mode

I can't attest to Garo since I haven't watched the show yet (waiting on O-T to finish their scrubs of season 1), but it sounds like that's become a major alternative for a lot of fans who have also become jaded by the big two franchises. Honestly, I'm feeling that way too. Zyuohger is the first Sentai that hasn't been trying to irritate me since Gokaiger (that's five years!), Ghost has become a trainwreck, and Ex-Aid looks pretty awful.

I used to watch Garo as well. Doesn't come to mind as a franchise replacement for me though. I'm glad you still have Ultraman, I could never get into it.

THIS. I've dropped Sentai since Ninninger Episode 10 and I couldn't even get pass 12 episodes for Zyuohger. I'm glad ToQger was the last series that I've completed though. that was such a rare gem and it's my second favourite after Gokaiger for 2010s series. since then I've moved on to catch up on some older J-dramas, some Marvel/DC TV series and after so many years, I've finally gotten interested in Ultraman. Ultraman Orb isn't that great, but it's still watchable to a certain degree unlike what Toei is churning out lately.

Yea, I'm also just in a different phase of my life, so I'm watching Marvel/DC stuff way more often than my former Japanese consumption.

Do we not review or talk about current eps anymore? Or is the consensus that there's no point since Saban now follows the Sentai very very closely? A trio of major characters from the Sentai JUST popped up on Dino Super Charge.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Personally I don't think Toku's doing all that bad.

Ghost was quite a fascinating watch for me on many levels and from what I hear Zyuohger is doing fine.
I'm actually looking forward for Ex-Aid despite all that visual ugliness, since I think it's about time we went back to "Rider Competition" formula.
I haven't watched any new Ultraman since Ginga (I really REALLY didn't like both Ginga seasons), but both X and Orb look like they can at least provide enough fan-service, once I finally sit down and watch them.
GARO... yeah, season 5 kinda sucked and the second anime wasn't all that good, but they weren't really THAT terrible. I take every released GARO over pretty much any Pre-Gaim Neo-Heisei.
It's been ages, since I was really interested in modern Toku, but I've seen way darker ages for both KR and SS during the last ten years.

As for HJU. Personally I think that problem is indeed in forums' declining in general. If you ask me, HJU managed to hold on pretty good. The only good russian toku forum community pretty much completely died like six years ago, with everyone moving on to social media.

boogie woogie feng shui
Haha, I just popped back in on a whim to see if any of the old guard was still loitering around the forums and this is one of the first threads I see. It's sad, really. This used to be such an important meeting place for Toku fans from around the world. It's weird to see that the shows, the people, even the technology, have all moved on.