Lurker
So I just received a Kamen Rider Double Trial Memory, apparently BNIB. All excited I put in the batteries, switched it on...

Frustration and disappointment! I seem to have received a faulty product - all the lights and the display appear to be working as they should but there is absolutely no sound whatsoever. Batteries aren't the problem; I've tried several with the same result every time.

This is the first time I've ever had a problem with any toy I've purchased. I'd try to return it but honestly I don't know if I want to go through the hassle and cost of getting it back to Japan.

It's probably a long shot but has anybody else ever had this problem with their Trial Memory in the past? Any theories on the cause or how it could be fixed? I'd assume maybe there's a loose wire or something somewhere but I wouldn't really know where to begin looking for it.

Sincerest thanks in advance for any advice.

Lurker
Nope, nothing like that has happened since I got it. Of course, what the parcel might have been subjected to during its journey I couldn't know, but the Memory itself and all packaging looks intact as far as I can tell.

Ore, Sanjou!
you may just have to replace it. a few years back, I got the DX IXA Belt as a birthday present, had it for about a day, then the sounds stopped working. opening the IXA Knuckle up, I found that it was a wiring problem. me not knowing much about wiring, trying to fix it only made it worse, so I had to get it replaced. you may be stuck in the same boat

Lurker
Thankfully it looks like I won't need to go that far. I opened it up and found there was a loose wire in there - I don't know much about wiring either though so it took a while to track down! In any case though the sound's come back so I think I've managed to fix it, and if it ever goes again at least now I know where to look.

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated. :)