I liked him when he wasn't a god
:laugh:
I had to stop right there. Because Goseiger had a sooo deep plot at this point. So much going on...what a fantastic first third, that was.

Not just that, many of your points make little sense. You complain about "lack of plot" then go on to praise Boukenger. Really? The series about the McGuffin of the week?
Honestly, it feels more like a case of "i simply don't wanna like this show but i'll try to make up reasons anyway"...there's no way to "help" you on it.

Just because you never miss a chance to bash Goseiger doesn't mean that other people are allowed to not like it. Same goes for Boukenger being about "the McGuffin of the week" - some people ENJOY that kind of plot.

Just because you never miss a chance to bash Goseiger doesn't mean that other people are allowed to not like it. Same goes for Boukenger being about "the McGuffin of the week" - some people ENJOY that kind of plot.

I never said Boukenger was bad, i do like it. A lot. It just doesn't have any plot whatsoever, 90% of the time it IS driven by the McGuffin of the week.

On Goseiger, i just stated the general consensus about the first portion of the series. Seriously, even you should be able to admit that Goseiger achieved nothing after only 7 episodes.
Although to be fair it's very rare for a sentai to go 'somewhere' at this point, so early..even when i was watching Goseiger, i just started to become impatient after 20 episodes or so.

Seriously, even you should be able to admit that Goseiger achieved nothing after only 7 episodes.

Nope!

I repeat my initial TL;DR - just because a bunch of other people love or hate something (even if they really really love it, like Gokaiger) ignore 'em. Go your own way! RUN FREE, OP - okay, I'll stop now :sweat:

HEROW
Weird, people really have different views, and this is a perfect example to prove the saying "you can't please everybody".

Before, after downloading both Sentai and KR episode for the week, I ALWAYS watch Sentai first, then KR to wash of the small hint of bad taste left by the too "kid-oriented" Sentai show. But for some weird reason, Gokaigers became an exception, I sometimes end up watching it last since I know it's gonna be good. Don't get me wrong, people know that I LOVE OOO, yet the way Gokaigers is executed is actually pretty superb in my point of view.

- You say that it has no plot? It actually has. It's a typical space pirates get caught up in the invasion of Earth just because they happen to collect what Earth needs to defend itself. I'm not sure how this didn't seem like a perfect plot to you.

- You say that the Gokaigers have to earn the Ranger keys... Are we watching the same show? Yes they already have the keys, but what they earn isn't actually the key, but the hidden power for their mecha. (ie MagiDragon, PatStriker) Remember the episode where they kept on trying the Ranger keys on Gokai-Oh, yet nothing happens and the audiences were disappointed? THAT.

- How is the pirate theme a waste? As you know, that theme actually is about adventure. And being an anniversary series, it's perfect since they traveled space to reach a place that needed their powers (Don't you watch One Piece?). And of course, there's a pun in there where they "pirate" the Senshis by using the Gokai-change. (Yeah I made that one up, but it makes sense right?)

- You say that the anniversary has overtaken the Pirate theme? I don't think so. Heck, they have their own set of unique skills. For now, we've seen Joe's multi-sword skills explored. If you ask me, it's the merchandise which has been overtaken by the anniversary theme (limitations of technology on how many gimmicks they can put in a small toy), but that can't be helped, since it's THE WHOLE POINT OF THE SHOW.

- The Zangyack haven't done anything? They actually did already, and they got wasted... Twice. So they're being careful, trying to do things slowly which can lead to whatever their goal is. (ie ground rockets, golden fruit bearing tree for new weapons, etc.) They will eventually go all out, once the time is right.

- You're saying that all Gokaigers have are what's already been established? First, we've just have a few episodes. Heck, Goseigers started off very very very weak and ended up very very very good. Second, it's the whole point of the show! It's to remind us what the previous Senshis has done to earn their power (ie. Magirangers = Courage)... Why? Because it's an ANNIVERSARY SHOW.

- How is everything else meh? IMHO, Luka's episode was pretty cool. I loved the choreography when she used the Sun Vulcan and Carranger keys. The episode had a great point too, that getting rich isn't always the way to happiness.

- Not living up to the hype? Dude, you're the only one I've seen complaining about the show, so a sample of 1 doesn't really mean that it hasn't lived up to the hype, since I've seen waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more people loving the show.

- Wait for GokaiSilver? Sure, go ahead.

I might sound rude, I've just been to my boxing class so I'm a bit tired, but if you really don't want to watch the show, they don't. It's really your choice. Glad that you aired your sentiments about it, and I hope that you also understand what I'm trying to say about the show and that you're the only one I've seen feeling that way. Good luck.

二番目の翻訳者
On Goseiger, i just stated the general consensus about the first portion of the series. Seriously, even you should be able to admit that Goseiger achieved nothing after only 7 episodes.
Although to be fair it's very rare for a sentai to go 'somewhere' at this point, so early..even when i was watching Goseiger, i just started to become impatient after 20 episodes or so.

I wouldn't say it achieved nothing after 7 episodes, but yeah, I'll readily admit Goseiger had mega-problems in its first portion. Either way, it seems weird to me to claim that it had accomplished more than Gokaiger at this point, as both shows were/are still primarily in the "laying groundwork" phase. In terms of establishing who the characters are and what they want, Gokaiger's just a more solid show. Doesn't mean I like it more, but storytelling-wise, there's just not much to complain about there.

--

Anyway I agree with the others; if the show is actually pissing you off you can safely take time off from it. You can always catch up later if you hear they do something awesome, and if not, no harm no foul. Sometimes the shows you're more lukewarm to go down better in marathons rather than week-to-week.

Anyway I agree with the others; if the show is actually pissing you off you can safely take time off from it. You can always catch up later if you hear they do something awesome, and if not, no harm no foul. Sometimes the shows you're more lukewarm to go down better in marathons rather than week-to-week.

I have to agree on this, sometimes it helps to marathon a series as you are hitting the high notes more often

Minato Ascending
- Ok fans, As opposed to Goseiger this show literally doesn't have a plot.

You don't think finding the greatest treasure in the universe a plot? It's why they ask their oracle robotic bird what to look for in practically every episode.

- I was hoping the Goukaigers would have to earn the ranger keys as opposed to already having them, that could have done something useful for the show.

Who would they earn their keys from? From AkaRed? Personally, I love the fact that they've already gotten the keys, because without it we won't have been treated to some of the best action sequences we've seen in the first 7 eps, from Joe's Blue Final Wave with his five sword technique, to JAKQ's tornado, and the Sun Vulcan kicking it old-school.

- Pirates? Its original, Sure why not? Just don't waste the damn concept on an anniversary show! This kind of opportunity and you waste it on something like this? This was a very bad move.

I disagree. I think pirates fit in this anniversary show, moreso than other themes like animals, ninjas, dinosaurs, and bio-engineered human experimentation.

- Why a bad move you ask? Because This show is dominated by its anniversary gimmick, at least the other anniversary shows like Boukenger and Gaoranger gave opportunity for their own story and show to happen, Goukaiger is just episode 1, Goukaichange!, episode 2 Goukaichange!, Without doing anything to take advantage of the awesome pirate motif, Seriously Does this show do anything to advance its own plot besides Goukaichanging?

Yes, Gokaiger's dominated by their anniversary gimmick, JUST LIKE DECADE. But the difference between Gokaiger & Decade is that whereas Decade has forgettable characters and old Kamen Rider recast as new actors, Gokaigers treat the previous sentai series with alot of respect, and they have cameos of original actors reprising their role. While it's true that Gokaigers haven't done anything particular pirate-y, such as robbing and pillaging like pirates of old, but do you really expect them to be antagonists? I see Gokaigers more as freedom fighters going against an enormous galactic empire.

- As of Episode 7, The Zangyack still haven't done anything, seriously these guys could fall in place of the Gedoushu as the worst villains ever if they're not careful.

I agree that Zangyack hasn't been particularly competitive against Gokaigers thus far, but they still have their fleet sitting on orbit around Earth and it's still very early in the series, not to mention that neither GokaiSilver nor the Emperor have revealed themselves yet. I think it is better to build it up gradually instead of expecting huge climax before 1/5th of the season has concluded yet.

- Its a shame shows like Magiranger, Boukenger and the old stuff don't exist anymore, where they actually had to journey to earn things and personally those kind of adventures made the shows more fun to watch and interesting, because theres always excitement, Mystery, Badass Rivals, and a little lesson at the end of it all, Goukaiger has none of that besides whats already been established.

Gokaigers do go on a journey, unless you've forgotten around the lessons they learnt like courage (ep 2), love > money (ep 6) and confidence/bravery (ep 7). They may have their powers from the get-go, but each members have alot to learn and discover about themselves.

- The only awesome parts are when old character\s appear and when They do pirate oriented things, the rest is meh.

I think everything is Marvelous thus far. :buttrock:

- Personally This show hasn't lived up to the hype at all, It really is a shame that Kamen rider has become Toei's number one franchise, because they really wasted some great opportunity's to make something of a franchise that is still in its original form as opposed to being revamped as Metal hero 2.0.

I like Kamen Rider, but to me Super Sentai has and always will be my #1 show. Watching one protagonist like Kamen Rider OOO getting all the powers and a servicable but not great supporting cast isn't as good as a team of Gokaigers all learning to cope and improve with one another.

Now after stating my case What I ask of you is some help or advice so i can enjoy this series, I've never turned my back on a sentai and as much i have problems with Goukaiger i really want to be able to enjoy it with the rest of the fandom.

I think you have to enjoy the series for what it is, which is an anniversary series with great & interesting characters and tons of fanservice, instead of wanting it to conform to older series like Magiranger and other traditional series. This is the first Super Sentai series of its kind, never attempted and might never be attempted again by Toei in the future. What other series open with every conceivable senshis joined together in an epic battle? What other series have the sentai team going from swashbuckling fighting style of Gokaigers in the beginning, to Sun Vulcan's dramatic melee combat to the next, and finished with kung-fu fighting from Gekiranger in the end? And what other series have such memorable characters like Capt. Marvelous, Joe, Luka, Don, and Ahim? I tell you, there is no series like Gokaiger. None whatsoever. So just kick back, and enjoy what is becoming Toei's greatest ambition, and possibly the greatest series in SS history, as well.

The new breed.
[HIDE]
- You say that it has no plot? It actually has. It's a typical space pirates get caught up in the invasion of Earth just because they happen to collect what Earth needs to defend itself. I'm not sure how this didn't seem like a perfect plot to you.
Isn't that the same basic plot any sentai has? "five teens or whatever are lumbered with some weird stuff to figure out"? I'm talking outside the main story, what are the sub plots? The plots that keep the show interesting and watchable, Like The Kai and Wolzard feud or the Takeru kicked off the throne by Kaoru story, or even the ongoing mystery of Buredoran? Goukaiger just isn't giving me that.

You say that the Gokaigers have to earn the Ranger keys... Are we watching the same show? Yes they already have the keys, but what they earn isn't actually the key, but the hidden power for their mecha. (ie MagiDragon, PatStriker) Remember the episode where they kept on trying the Ranger keys on Gokai-Oh, yet nothing happens and the audiences were disappointed? THAT.
Forget the Goukaioh upgrades, I said it would have made the show more interesting if they actually had to earn the damn henshin powers as opposed to just having them, that could have made the returning characters seem more needed when you unlock the ability to use their suits. :redface2:

- You say that the anniversary has overtaken the Pirate theme?
I'm saying that it could have been exercised to a better level where they don't have to worry about meeting an old senshi every two episodes to grab new upgrades, the show annoys me in that field, one episode mediocre, then awesomeness then mediocre again.

- The Zangyack haven't done anything? They actually did already, and they got wasted... Twice. So they're being careful, trying to do things slowly which can lead to whatever their goal is. (ie ground rockets, golden fruit bearing tree for new weapons, etc.)
You mean what an average team of villains do? even in earlier sentais like Goseiger, Magiranger, Boukenger and even Shinkenger by the time episode 7 came the senshi had already got to know at least one or more of their enemies and what they hope to accomplish in our world.

- Not living up to the hype? Dude, you're the only one I've seen complaining about the show
Shall i make you a list?

I might sound rude, I've just been to my boxing class so I'm a bit tired, but if you really don't want to watch the show, they don't. It's really your choice.
Not rude at all, In fact your criticism of my post is deeply appreciated.

:laugh:
I had to stop right there. Because Goseiger had a sooo deep plot at this point. So much going on...what a fantastic first third, that was.
Meaning that when fans mocked Goseiger at this point of having little of a plot, Goukaiger doesn't seem to have one at all yet people love it?

Not just that, many of your points make little sense. You complain about "lack of plot" then go on to praise Boukenger. Really? The series about the McGuffin of the week?
Honestly, it feels more like a case of "i simply don't wanna like this show but i'll try to make up reasons anyway"...there's no way to "help" you on it.
At least Boukenger had some form of story to entertain me.

You don't think finding the greatest treasure in the universe a plot?
Well considering the fact that "Five Gosei angels are sent from the Goseikai by master head to protect the earth from an evil force called Warstar, they destroy the Heaven's Tower the bridge between the Earth and the Gosei World, home of the Gosei Angels, to keep them from interfering. However, five apprentice Gosei Angels are on Earth at the time and, while finding a way to return back home, they become the Goseigers to stop Warstar" doesn't seem to count as a plot in the eyes of the fandom i can't see why that should get off the hook.

Who would they earn their keys from? From AkaRed? Personally, I love the fact that they've already gotten the keys, because without it we won't have been treated to some of the best action sequences we've seen in the first 7 eps, from Joe's Blue Final Wave with his five sword technique, to JAKQ's tornado, and the Sun Vulcan kicking it old-school.
While i agree we would've missed out on a lot of great action scenes, i still would have rather had a solid reason as to why the hell the goukaiger should be allowed to just play around with the powers of 34 Supersentais, I would have preferred them having to earn the power of a sentai, because personally mecha forms don't seem like a price worth their efforts when they something as powerful as the rangerkeys, they should earn the suits with a (If necessary) mecha upgrade.

Yes, Gokaiger's dominated by their anniversary gimmick, JUST LIKE DECADE. But the difference between Gokaiger & Decade is that whereas Decade has forgettable characters and old Kamen Rider recast as new actors, Gokaigers treat the previous sentai series with alot of respect, and they have cameos of original actors reprising their role. While it's true that Gokaigers haven't done anything particular pirate-y, such as robbing and pillaging like pirates of old, but do you really expect them to be antagonists? I see Gokaigers more as freedom fighters going against an enormous galactic empire.
Most will kick my *** over this remark but Decade did not feel as dominated and tight as Goukaiger is.

Gokaigers do go on a journey, unless you've forgotten around the lessons they learnt like courage (ep 2), love > money (ep 6) and confidence/bravery (ep 7). They may have their powers from the get-go, but each members have alot to learn and discover about themselves.
I could have gone overboard with that remark.

And what other series have such memorable characters like Capt. Marvelous, Joe, Luka, Don, and Ahim? I tell you, there is no series like Gokaiger.
Really? There is Gekiranger, Liveman, Maskman, Goranger, Battle fever, Denjiman, Turboranger, Megaranger, Timeranger, GoGoV, Gingaman, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Jetman, Boukenger, Go-onger, Shinkenger AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND Abaranger, I Still don't think the Goukaiger we got is anything like what the main course could have been, now thats my opinion and i honestly don't think it would make a hell of a lot of difference to the fans if one or two people hate this show because there will always be haters for everything, and it looks like this year I'll be sitting on the side lines and watching OOO instead.[/HIDE]

Last edited:
Some kind of Beast mode
Ouch..feel bad for ya BK. :( This is a damn good series. lol

Nah if there is one reason I can see you not driven to watch, is because you already know the Gokaigers are going to lay a beating every time.

It's probably looking "too easy" for you right now.

If that aint the reason, then it's not for you. No biggie.