shinkenchange!starninger!
i understand people that have different opinions, but i dont think its meant for people who want to understand the plot, it's meant to have fun that's whole reason why sentai and toys existed, i hate to use the word kids, but most of us adults have to understand that most kids dont care about the plot, they care more about the action and when their toys are going to be used, it's the whole point of bandai making them.

my point is that, most adults are have childs at heart, should understand that it's not meant to have a plot although gokaiger does but it's meant to have fun, i mean if you are going to watch it just for the plot, it's going to difficult and boring real fast, unless you buy toys or try to change the mindset of what sentai is all about, action, humor, and having fun.

As of episode 8 for the first time ever I'm having a hard time or I'm basically not driven to watch this years super sentai And i don't know why, Now don't get me wrong there are things i like about it like some characters, I.E Marvelous, Don, Luka etc.etc. But regardless i don't seem to feel driven to want to see more as i have with Goranger - Goseiger its like something i feel i could miss if i had to instead of queuing up for the latest episodes, I'm beginning to realize something i never realized before (Kind of like a wake up call), That sentai does need to be dumped on every now and then and can't always be defended:

A.) Sometimes a series...just isn't for you.

B.) Nothing ever needs to "be dumped on". If you don't like something...just don't watch it. This idea that it MUST be the show, it can't POSSIBLY be the viewer is a terrible idea that sprang from the internet and makes me very sad.

- Ok fans, As opposed to Goseiger this show literally doesn't have a plot.

The literary definition for a plot is:

A plot is a causal sequence of events, the "why" for the things that happen in the story. The plot draws the reader into the character's lives and helps the reader understand the choices that the characters make.

This can, and has, been accomplished from episode to episode. But aside from that, there are several plotlines that I'm sure we'll be seeing over time:

- The backstories of each individual member. Seeds have been lain for...basically everyone except Don, at this point. Joe was a former member of the Zangyack. Marvelous, for whatever reason, hung out with AkaRed. Luka came from a place of immense poverty, and thus is obsessed with money because she wants to accomplish a goal. Ahim is a princess who's planet was destroyed by the Zangyack. All of these things will, at some point, be further developed.

- We've learned the Keys are not, in fact, copies of the Senshi powers, but the powers themselves. For now, the Senshi are choosing to leave these powers in the hands of the new team, but how did they become keys in the first place? And how will the Senshi get them back?

- These villains, who are somehow capable of sending endless waves of grunts at the team...haven't even sent anyone IMPORTANT yet. Instead what we've gotten is the incomptent son of an Emperor who seems to have conquered the entire universe...and will eventually wonder what on Earth is taking his bumbling son so long.

- And, of course, there's the obvious: The Gokaiger are searching for the Greatest Treasure in the Universe. What is it? Is it something obvious, like humans or Earth itself, or is it something specific?

You cannot say the Gokaiger don't have a plot...it may not have one you wish to follow, but it has a plot. And you can't very well compare it to Goseiger, because even attempting to just compare the first seven episodes...you still know the whole plot. You're still aware that the Goseiger eventually face down OTHER villains, and you know about the surprise near the end. That's swirling in your head, even if you try to act like it isn't.

- I was hoping the Goukaigers would have to earn the ranger keys as opposed to already having them, that could have done something useful for the show.

Yeah, it could've reminded the Japanese (and fans of Sentai the world over) of a series that aired two freaking years ago. If Gokaiger were the fiftieth anniversary series, with Decade a full 15 years old? I'd agree. But having them earn the keys is treading over freshly turned over ground. Too soon for that. It's bad enough they're stealing Decade's "lols I GameSharked everyone's powers" gimmick as it is. At least saying they have all the powers from the start shows something we've never seen before.

- Pirates? Its original, Sure why not? Just don't waste the damn concept on an anniversary show! This kind of opportunity and you waste it on something like this? This was a very bad move.

I'm sorry? They pissed away the very obvious idea of having a group of treasure hunters in an anniversary series go looking for the relics of past teams, but I still like Boukenger.

- Why a bad move you ask? Because This show is dominated by its anniversary gimmick, at least the other anniversary shows like Boukenger and Gaoranger gave opportunity for their own story and show to happen, Goukaiger is just episode 1, Goukaichange!, episode 2 Goukaichange!, Without doing anything to take advantage of the awesome pirate motif, Seriously Does this show do anything to advance its own plot besides Goukaichanging?

Couple of things:

- For the twenty-fifth anniversary, Gaoranger is a piss-poor celebratory series. 25 is a milestone number, and they celebrated it with just another series? GTFO. Without Gaoranger versus Super Sentai you wouldn't even know it WAS an anniversary year.

- Boukenger is ALSO a piss-poor celebratory series, except it's crossover movie sucked.

- Find me an episode in which they DON'T use their main powers and rely on some other team's the entire time. They switch up sure...but that's the point. When you have a level of variability like this, going for ordinary stuff is not boring. It's tactically inept.

- It's not DOMINATED by the anniversary gimmick. These guest episodes? They're just that--guests. Sentai alums don't get to steal the show--heck, Jan didn't even fight anybody! Personally, I think the show is worse for it, but I can see why they went that way.

- As of Episode 7, The Zangyack still haven't done anything, seriously these guys could fall in place of the Gedoushu as the worst villains ever if they're not careful.

Well, for one, much like the Gedoshuu, the Zangyack aren't up against a collection of teenagers who got their powers yesterday. With the exception of Don and Ahim, the Gokaiger are pros. And you have to confront pros with a higher level of difficulty that just isn't there in early episodes. It's not just here--the Timeranger or the Flashman stomp pretty hard in their first couple episodes too.

Also, as I told a friend of mine? This team has every past Sentai team's power ever. Eventually the Zangyack will fight them on even terms, but if they REALLY gave the team even the slightest bit of trouble in these first ten episodes? I'd call BS. Just watch Gaoranger vs. Super Sentai for a taste of what some of these guys can do. I'm sorry, but it's not the villains that need to be matched up to, it's the Gokaiger, and that's how it should be for now.

- Its a shame shows like Magiranger, Boukenger and the old stuff don't exist anymore, where they actually had to journey to earn things and personally those kind of adventures made the shows more fun to watch and interesting, because theres always excitement, Mystery, Badass Rivals, and a little lesson at the end of it all, Goukaiger has none of that besides whats already been established.

There's mystery. There's lessons. There's personal growth and development. (Did I watch a different episode 7?) As for rivals...it's episode seven. You can't compare completed shows to a series still being developed.

And the only thing the Boukenger "earned" was new mecha, which the Gokaiger are earning as well. Having to earn the keys is Decade all over again...and apparently Magiranger, and Boukenger, too. Why are you intent on seeing the same thing repeated?

Now after stating my case What I ask of you is some help or advice so i can enjoy this series, I've never turned my back on a sentai and as much i have problems with Goukaiger i really want to be able to enjoy it with the rest of the fandom.

Personally I find the fandom usually makes me enjoy something less, but hey to each his own. And that's my answer to you. If you don't like this series as far in as we are, it may not be for you, sir.

The Historian
My friend, you have the exact same problem with Goukaiger as I had with Goseiger. Well.. that and maybe it's time to move on and look for other shows like Doctor Who.

To be honest I can't say anything more as all has been said already.