The new breed.
As of episode 8 for the first time ever I'm having a hard time or I'm basically not driven to watch this years super sentai And i don't know why, Now don't get me wrong there are things i like about it like some characters, I.E Marvelous, Don, Luka etc.etc. But regardless i don't seem to feel driven to want to see more as i have with Goranger - Goseiger its like something i feel i could miss if i had to instead of queuing up for the latest episodes.

- Ok fans, As opposed to Goseiger this show literally doesn't have a plot.

- I was hoping the Goukaigers would have to earn the ranger keys as opposed to already having them, that could have done something useful for the show.

- Pirates? Its original, Sure why not? Just don't waste the damn concept on an anniversary show! This kind of opportunity and you waste it on something like this? This was a very bad move.

- Why a bad move you ask? Because This show is dominated by its anniversary gimmick, at least the other anniversary shows like Boukenger and Gaoranger gave opportunity for their own story and show to happen, Goukaiger is just episode 1, Goukaichange!, episode 2 Goukaichange!, Without doing anything to take advantage of the awesome pirate motif, Seriously Does this show do anything to advance its own plot besides Goukaichanging?

- As of Episode 7, The Zangyack still haven't done anything, seriously these guys could fall in place of the Gedoushu as the worst villains ever if they're not careful.

- Its a shame shows like Magiranger, Boukenger and the old stuff don't exist anymore, where they actually had to journey to earn things and personally those kind of adventures made the shows more fun to watch and interesting, because theres always excitement, Mystery, Badass Rivals, and a little lesson at the end of it all, Goukaiger has none of that besides whats already been established.

- The only awesome parts are when old character\s appear and when They do pirate oriented things, the rest is meh.

- Personally This show hasn't lived up to the hype at all, It really is a shame that Kamen rider has become Toei's number one franchise, because they really wasted some great opportunity's to make something of a franchise that is still in its original form as opposed to being revamped as Metal hero 2.0.

- I might wait till Goukai silver to say anymore.

Now after stating my case What I ask of you is some help or advice so i can enjoy this series, I've never turned my back on a sentai and as much i have problems with Goukaiger i really want to be able to enjoy it with the rest of the fandom.

Last edited:
It's over 8,000!
I say stop watching it.

Stop watching it and get involved in the rumors and you may be more interested there, or just find something else.

Aronbafon
First, there's only 7 episode :sweat:

Second, it's practically Super Sentai meets Kamen Rider Decade.
However, it is Decade... Done right! Old actors coming back.

But yeah, they shoud earn their keys I have to agree on that. At least Decade did that, and started just showing off. But it doesn't fit with the small amount of plot we actually got from it.

It's still early on and we don't know what happens.

Besides, it's common for these series to start slow. OOO finally started getting interesting at episode 19.

Then may I ask u, what are the plots for other series like Goseiger, Magiranger, Timeranger, etc? Isn't every Sentai series a journey for our heroes to discover something - courage, love, hope, blah blah, whatever it is.. isn't that what Gokaiger is about too? An adventure to find the universe's greatest treasure?

- I was hoping the Goukaigers would have to earn the ranger keys as opposed to already having them, that could have done something useful for the show.

Logically, by doing that, the series would need to use 34 (or more) episodes of the series for the Gokaigers to earn every single series's ranger key.

What they have done here is literally almost the same thing - with the Gokaigers already owning the ranger keys, they now have to "unlock" the greater power in each of the ranger keys. We've already seen it happen with Magiranger, Dekaranger & Gekiranger's ranger keys.

Moreover, this also enables the series to not unlock the greater power for every series, cos they at least still have the ranger keys.

Also, while traveling to unlock these greater powers, they are in a journey to earn something more.. in terms of mecha.

And, this also ties in with the Gokaiger's main plot - these guys are on their way to find the universe's greatest treasure, which they presume is on Earth, and this treasure.. while they're finding it themselves, they also have the greater powers of the ranger keys ^^

- Pirates? Its original, Sure why not? Just don't waste the damn concept on an anniversary show! This kind of opportunity and you waste it on something like this? This was a very bad move.

Well... in a way, I don't think 100 Beasts or an Adventurer theme is anyway "not wasted" on an anniversary series...

- Why a bad move you ask? Because This show is dominated by its anniversary gimmick, at least the other anniversary shows like Boukenger and Gaoranger gave opportunity for their own story and show to happen, Goukaiger is just episode 1, Goukaichange!, episode 2 Goukaichange!, Without doing anything to take advantage of the awesome pirate motif, Seriously Does this show do anything to advance its own plot besides Goukaichanging?

Man... have u watched any of the episodes?

Sure, "Gokai Change" is a running gimmick in every episode, but in all honesty, I doubt anyone here would say that each episode is dominated by GokaiChange and thus loses any of its plot/story... that's.. really not true.

In particular, I think Ep 2 displays this very well.

- As of Episode 7, The Zangyack still haven't done anything, seriously these guys could fall in place of the Gedoushu as the worst villains ever if they're not careful.

This was kinda discussed in the Gokaiger thread too. Well, I can't disagree with u or anything, but I do have faith that things will pick up. This is only Episode 7 out of a 48-51 episode series after all.

- Its a shame shows like Magiranger, Boukenger and the old stuff don't exist anymore, where they actually had to journey to earn things and personally those kind of adventures made the shows more fun to watch and interesting, because theres always excitement, Mystery, Badass Rivals, and a little lesson at the end of it all, Goukaiger has none of that besides whats already been established.

Like I said, are u missing the point of Gokaiger? The Gokaigers have to journey to earn things as well, and in particular, these guys want to find the universe's greatest treasure; isn't that a journey in itself?

And journeys to earn things don't exactly have to be anything physical. In Ep 2, the Gokaigers learned of the value of earth. In Ep 3, Don learned Courage. In Ep 4, Ahim learned about accepting people's difference and etc... all these build up in them becoming more complete people. That's truly amazing.

- The only awesome parts are when old character\s appear and when They do pirate oriented things, the rest is meh.

Those are awesome, hell yeah.

- Personally This show hasn't lived up to the hype at all, It really is a shame that Kamen rider has become Toei's number one franchise, because they really wasted some great opportunity's to make something of a franchise that is still in its original form as opposed to being revamped as Metal hero 2.0.

Personally, this show actually exceeded my expectations. I didn't expect Gokaiger to be that kick-ass and fun.

- I might wait till Goukai silver to say anymore.

He definitely would shake the series up.

Any about ur question, I think the only thing u can do is to give Gokaiger more time maybe till Episode 20.. if it still bores u by then, then just drop it. I mean it's not a sin to not watch a Sentai series ^^

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I say stop watching it. You don't have to like something just because it's popular. Maybe keep reading the Gokaiger threads here and if something sounds interesting to you, you can go back to watching. But don't beat yourself up about it.

:laugh:
I had to stop right there. Because Goseiger had a sooo deep plot at this point. So much going on...what a fantastic first third, that was.

Not just that, many of your points make little sense. You complain about "lack of plot" then go on to praise Boukenger. Really? The series about the McGuffin of the week?
Honestly, it feels more like a case of "i simply don't wanna like this show but i'll try to make up reasons anyway"...there's no way to "help" you on it.

Last edited:
While I'm not a big fan of the Gokai Changes, how the heck is Gokaiger dominated by the anniversary? The plot doesn't hedge on it being a birthday, unlike Decade. It just happens to be.

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
Agreed with most.. Just stop watching it. There are other forms of entertainment available. :thumbs: