Black Version
OH HELL YEAH

George R.R. Martin said:
HBO has given the production order.

They will be filming the pilot episode of A GAME OF THRONES.

It's just the pilot so far. They'll need to see that before they decide whether to proceed with a full season's episodes. So let's all hope the pilot will kick serious ass.

It should. David Benioff and Dan Weiss did a terrific job with the script. And yes, all of you can relax, it's very faithful. Dan and David will be the executive producers for the pilot and (we hope) the eventual series.

More details when I have 'em. The news is very fresh. HBO just issued their own press release, which should be up on their website soon, if it's not there already.

Winter is coming to HBO. Hot damn.

They have to get The Rock for Khal Drogo. They HAVE to. There's no one else so perfect for the role. Also, getting them to cast Felicia Day as Catelyn would pretty much make me smile for the rest of eternity.

Niiiiiice. I've just started reading the first book and although I'm insanely lazy in reading the rest of it, it's phenomenal.

I hope they can pull this off, cuz television fantasy usually seems to be pretty hard to get right.

Winter Is Coming! :buttrock:

Badass!
Still, I'm nervous about this being done right. Luckily, there's very little actual 'fantasy' involved, so we shouldn't have to worry about TV-Grade special effects distracting from the story. We'll have to see. I love the books, but George R.R. Martin's hubris is almost as immense as his storycraft.

A Secret Messenger ...
Why would it not be done right? It's HBO, not CBS. There are parts of the story that could probably be streamlined for television, but it's not like they'd have to edit the content of the story.

Black Version
Exactly. And with The Sopranos, Rome, and a bunch of other excellent dramas under its belt, I'd really *only* trust HBO (or possibly Showtime, they've had some great series too) to do this justice.

Now, I know they'll most likely go with a cast of talented unknowns, but FOR THE SAKE OF ALL THAT IS RIGHT AND JUST AND AWESOME, PLEASE PLEASEPLEEEEEEEASE LET THEM CAST THE ROCK AS KHAL DROGO. I mean, when I first read the books and they introduced Drogo, I was all, "oh dude, that's The Rock with a mustache."

Also, Felicia Day would make an amazing Catelyn.