Has Reality TV Ruined Television?

Yeah, I hate reality TV, but it seems this kind of ''TV shows'' are becoming more and more popular each day that passes by! Everything started with Jersey Shore for me, and now even Snooki has her own reality show! What's next!? It seems the producers are starting to see reality TV means big bucks fast, and that's the reason I don't see this ugly trend going away anytime soon now!

Did reality TV ruin television? No, the medium was already ruined years earlier when samey sitcoms dominated the airwaves. Reality TV merely replaced it as the popular trend.

Yeah, it was all so much better in the good old days.
Oh, you have NO idea how much I HATE reality television! It REALLY angers me how TV networks would rather put together something cheap that caters to the lowest common denominator than put together something more worthwhile. It's no wonder I don't watch TV as much as I use to!

People ruined TV. As we all know, popular is what is in demand and there are a lot of trash seeking people out there. Everyone loves a train wreck and that's what most tv is these days. A bunch of non deserving people making millions because people are so brain dead now.

People ruined TV. As we all know, popular is what is in demand and there are a lot of trash seeking people out there. Everyone loves a train wreck and that's what most tv is these days. A bunch of non deserving people making millions because people are so brain dead now.

There are so may reasons that people are brain dead these day. The stuff that is in our food and water is just one tool that they use to dumb us down into docile zombies. Though, I must admit, I like a bit of reality television. Even when I know that it is scripted and edited to look a certain way. But at the same time, I remain current.

Reality TV hasn't ruined television at all. We as people are slowly moving away from watching TV anyway. Most of any content can be found via the internet.

There are so may reasons that people are brain dead these day. The stuff that is in our food and water is just one tool that they use to dumb us down into docile zombies. Though, I must admit, I like a bit of reality television. Even when I know that it is scripted and edited to look a certain way. But at the same time, I remain current.

I was watching a little of it still until recently. I'm bored with most tv at the moment, I can't even bring myself to watch the stuff I was catching up on and loved. People are curious about others by nature and reality tv taps into that. It;s like spying.. but the people you're watching are dumb and have lines to remember lol. Or scenarios, whatever.. not sure how they do their thing.

I don't believe that reality TV has ruined television. While there are many low quality shows that have very little to offer in terms of intellectual content, there are still many excellent dramas, comedies, sci-fi shows, and more. Breaking Bad is easily one of the most well-written shows I have ever had the pleasure of watching. It was tense and enthralling from beginning to end, and it was easy to become attached to the characters. Boardwalk Empire, The Sopranos, and Curb Your Enthusiasm are also amazing shows. However, I realize that these are just my opinions and that one man's trash is another man's treasure.