Books Has A Book Ever Changed Your Life?

It's kind of weird, and although it may not have changed my life, the book 7 Habits of Highly Effective People had a huge impact on me. Before, I had never really thought of the idea that what was done was done, and that you could only plan for the future. After I read it, I realized that I needed to start looking back without regrets, and really live, without always thinking about what I could have done differently.
It sounds super cliche, but it changed my way of thinking tremendously.

When I was younger, I didn't like to read all that much. I only did what was required of me just to pass some classes.

However, my love for reading was sparked when I was in 6th grade and read Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles. This opened me to a whole new world of literature and adventure, as well as my love of vampires, I've traveled into the worlds of the characters and experienced their adventures; just by reading about it in the pages of a book.

Years later, I still look back fondly at the days where I had time to read and I'm grateful for them.

I am still waiting the book that can change my life. I don't like reading, so I don't really know many books. However, I like watching movies and there are some movies that actually change my life!!

Im not sure in what context a book can change your life, however a lot of books can definitely impact us, make us think (even for a little while), inspire, teach, reflect, feel emotion, give us obsessions, focus, motivate us, move us, transport us.
Books that have done this for me are "The way of the peaceful warrier" by Dan Millman because of its spiritual nature and magic. The other book is "The Outsiders" by SE Hinton. Written by a teenager back in the 60's, I read this at school and became so attached to the book that I used the names of characters for various things throughout my life. It also introduced me to Robert Frosts poem "Nothing Gold Can Stay". It taught me about divides, culture, perception, opportunities, hardship, family, and what is really important.
There is a good book I read a few years ago that looks at this very thing. Its called "The Child that Books Built" by Francis Spufford. It is about the books that we might all of read when we were younger and the impact it has on us. From Winney the Pooh to The Hobbit etc. Worth a read.

I loved the book The Secret. I even watched the documentary on it. But a book that has changed my life is called The Giver by Lois Lowry. it has been my favourite book since I was in 5th grade. It's amazing because every time I read that book, I always learn something new and I've read it more than 10 times already. It was a book that made me have a completely different perspective in life and it was a reminder for me to appreciate the small in things in life and to cherish all the wonderful moments that life has to offer. It is a quick read. I had great expectations of the movie that recently came out but boy was I disappointed. Since this book is so close to my heart, I had high expectations obviously but I felt that they failed to capture the true essence of the book and made it into an action movie instead. What a bummer!

The book that changed my life is not a fiction title. Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking helped me quit for good and I'd recommend it to anyone. That book really did change my life for the better.

I am an avid reader and have read so many books that it is hard to pick just one that has had a significant effect on my life. I had to really think about this and I have decided that perhaps one of the most life changing books has been T Lobsang Rampa You Forever. The book is about Tibetan belief as far as the soul and the psyche is concerned. It is a very interesting read and made me think more about the things in my own being that could benefit from the types of introspection that was discussed. The first time I read it was back in the early 70's. It changed how I perceived myself spiritually.

The next choice would probably be Carl Jung Man and His Symbols- what a great book for helping me to make sense out of some of the traditions and repetitive images and customs that are so pervasive in todays society. Having a career where I work with people from all walks of life, I needed something that would help me understand if there were any constants that transcended gender, age, race and customs. Carl Jung thought that whole idea thru. A great read, a bit dry... but if you read it more like a text book it is very understandable.