Books Has A Book Ever Changed Your Life?

Sometimes you hear about books having changed people's lives, either for the worse or for the better. You usually hear of books changing people's lives for the better, although I have heard stories about people reading Holy books and then being inspired to kill people who are not following what they believe to be the word of God.

In my experience, I have had a good experience with a book called The Secret. It talks about The Law Of Attraction, and about how this law works in our every day lives, and about how we receive what we believe in our every day life. I now live by this law of attraction and have seen my life turn around.

So has a book ever changed your life?

DL, that sounds like a great book, and I would also like to read it. I have read some about the laws of attraction, and I think it is something I woul like to understand a lot better. Who wrote this book, and is it hard to find online ? I will do a check for it.
One of the authors that has most affected my life is Og Mandino.
He wrote a trilogy of books called the greatest Salesman, greatest Secret, and greatest Miracle in the world. They are all very uplifting I can't remember if it was the Secret or the Mirace book, but he talks about being a ragpicker (helping people) and it really helped me to see things and life differently, and to treat people better.

I've read quite a few deep books that no doubt changed the way I see life, so in that way they did change my life. But what happens is that first I am impressed, but a few weeks or months later I tend to forget things and get back to my old life...

Definitely. Or at least, at the time. I was a freshman in college and have just gotten back to novels. I read Coelho's The Alchemist and the idealistic youth blood in me jolted like a newly free bull - it made me see everything differently. I felt like I could do so much and that my purpose was of cosmic significance. Down the road, of course, after several years things changed. So I guess books are like that - they change you for a bit. But the rest is really up to you.

Paulo Coelho's books have some deep parts, but you said it all potato, books can show you the way, but the rest is really up to us. ;)

Yes! I have read the "Christy Miller" series about 4 years ago. The series has changed my life quite a lot. It is an Young Adult Christian Contemporary fiction, which has helped me to go through some hard times.

I once read a book called "It's a Kind of Funny Story". That book indeed changed my life. It helped me to really understand myself more, and opened my mind to the world. It helped me to go through some hard times, as well. The book was about a young boy in a mental hospital, suffering from depression and attempting to deal with it along with many the many other factors of his life.

I think that if I had picked up A Wind In The Door by Madeleine L'Engle earlier, then it would have changed my life, taught me how to appreciate people as complex beings in often difficult situations that can be hurtful to other people--and, from that perspective, forgive them.

As it is, I just had influences. Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels, especially the storylines that had witches in them, even though it was a fantasy-comedy it was very scientific in its philosophy. It wasn't one read from cover-to-cover and suddenly I feel like I have the whole world figured out, no, it wasn't like that. It was a slow, steeping influence that I very much appreciate.

I think a book could really change your life....I know for sure that "Looking for Alaska" John Green and "And Still I Rise" Miles Corwin changed my life. They both showed me how to grow up, accept the challenges I'm faced with in life and start dealing with them instead of blaming other people, and running from them.

Sometimes you hear about books having changed people's lives, either for the worse or for the better. You usually hear of books changing people's lives for the better, although I have heard stories about people reading Holy books and then being inspired to kill people who are not following what they believe to be the word of God.

In my experience, I have had a good experience with a book called The Secret. It talks about The Law Of Attraction, and about how this law works in our every day lives, and about how we receive what we believe in our every day life. I now live by this law of attraction and have seen my life turn around.

So has a book ever changed your life?
I love inspirational books, they help a lot. I have a book by Mantak chia, called "Cosmic Orbit, connecting to the universe from within." It's a great book dealing with internal arts, Tai, Chi, Chi kung.