In Justice, We Trust!
Here's some clear pics of the Dark Matter:

10260039a.jpg

10260039a2.jpg

Miss Sazabi too:

10260038a.jpg

10260038a2.jpg

I like the Exia dark matter from the front but he's kind of a mess on the back. If given the choice, I'd give him the regular GN Drive just so that it doesn't have that enormous…whatever that is poking out.

Though I'm thinking that booster might look good with some Vagan suits from Gundam AGE.

In Justice, We Trust!
Takeshi Iori = Gunpla Builder Decade!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I had the same thought:laugh:

Sei's dad is just a big of dork as Sei is, like father like son huh? :laugh:

This episode was awesome, a lot of great character moments for Aila in particular, watching them take down the Zeong was awesome too. Sei's mom was awesome too.

Lurker
Here's some clear pics of the Dark Matter:

[HIDE]10260039a.jpg

10260039a2.jpg

Miss Sazabi too:

10260038a.jpg

10260038a2.jpg[/HIDE]

I like the Exia dark matter from the front but he's kind of a mess on the back. If given the choice, I'd give him the regular GN Drive just so that it doesn't have that enormous…whatever that is poking out.

Though I'm thinking that booster might look good with some Vagan suits from Gundam AGE.

I'm willing to bet that Exia Dark Matter has the DM Booster equipped, so its back might look better without it.

Hell, maybe without it the model might finally look like it was based on Exia.

Hey guys. I've heard a lot of buzz about this show, but I have a question. I'm basically a complete Gundam n00b - I've seen the first four episodes of the original series and that's it. I know nothing about any of the other series. I know nothing about the mecha models or the kits or anything. Is this still a series I can get into? Or is it one that really does require some knowledge about the franchise?

Hey guys. I've heard a lot of buzz about this show, but I have a question. I'm basically a complete Gundam n00b - I've seen the first four episodes of the original series and that's it. I know nothing about any of the other series. I know nothing about the mecha models or the kits or anything. Is this still a series I can get into? Or is it one that really does require some knowledge about the franchise?

There are a lot of inside jokes (there are some bits of dialogue that would probably fly over your head), but most of the important parts are explained. And the Gundams used in the series are mostly only physically similar to the original suits: The physics in this show is stand-alone.

Think of it as say appreciating Yugi-Oh without actually touching the playing cards.

I've never seen a full episode of the first Gundam either, and miss out on some of the Ramba Ral jokes, but it doesn't really affect my viewing. I'm not also particularly keen on details, so I miss most of the cameos and references anyway.

Lurker

Bit of warning if you're getting into the series. Before I had only one model kit, which wasn't even from the Gundam franchise. Now, 16 episodes in, I already have 3 Gundam model kits :sweat:

We heard of shows that are created for the sole purpose of selling merchandise *looks around the forum*, but to me this is by far the most successful.

===

There are a lot of inside jokes (there are some bits of dialogue that would probably fly over your head), but most of the important parts are explained. And the Gundams used in the series are mostly only physically similar to the original suits: The physics in this show is stand-alone.

Think of it as say appreciating Yugi-Oh without actually touching the playing cards.

I've never seen a full episode of the first Gundam either, and miss out on some of the Ramba Ral jokes, but it doesn't really affect my viewing. I'm not also particularly keen on details, so I miss most of the cameos and references anyway.

A lot of people make the comparison between this anime and Yugioh, mostly because Yugioh is the most famous of this pseudo-sport anime genre, but Build Fighters lacks the uber-drama present in Yugioh (except for the first season of GX) so in my opinion this is more akin to Beyblade or Medabots, where it didnt' get dramatic until near the end :laugh:

A lot of people make the comparison between this anime and Yugioh, mostly because Yugioh is the most famous of this pseudo-sport anime genre, but Build Fighters lacks the uber-drama present in Yugioh (except for the first season of GX) so in my opinion this is more akin to Beyblade or Medabots, where it didnt' get dramatic until near the end :laugh:

I compare it to YugiOh because it's the only one I've seen a decent amount of episodes of, heh. Well, Digimon, too, but that one's far off.

Lurker
I compare it to YugiOh because it's the only one I've seen a decent amount of episodes of, heh. Well, Digimon, too, but that one's far off.

Which proves my point, that Yugioh is the most famous :p

===

Exia Dark Matter recolored to look more like the original Exia...

tumblr_n035icNmsU1rsx4y6o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
In Justice, We Trust!

Yeah they do a good job of making the show approachable to new comers but also rewarding people who's stuck with the franchise for a long time.