Guillermo Del Toro Didnt Get The Greenlight For In The Mouth of Madness

And no I didnt say that you had to "GET" it to enjoy it. Thats kinda why the "get" was in quotation marks.

Thats one of the beauties of the movie, it works on SO many levels. Gamers get all the little nods and references to their culture, chicks get their love story (And by chicks here I mean guys and girls who love the sappy stuff) action junkies get some great fights, music lovers get some fantastic music, and the people who want a deeper story get all of this stuff combined together get a meaningful subtext for their own generation.

The fact that you couldnt find anything you like in it is baffling, and the only assumption that I can make is that you were there for the deeper story and missed it...or you were set out specifically to hate the movie, which knowing you is entirely possible. I also suppose you dont like Edgar Wright's style, and I guess I cant help you there...

This movie will be the swan song for the 90s generation, make no mistake about that. It'll will be our Breakfast Club.

Harumph.
Its actually a lot deeper than you think it is.

Its all about the coming of age and the realization that the self isnt as important as teenagers make it out to be.

I would like to go into all the little details of how each boss is a representation of different aspects of Scott's psyche and how the whole point of the Ramona isnt for fighting for the love but for fighting for maturity, but I'm honestly starving right now, so I'mma go get foods.

Needless to say, Scott Pilgrim is a goddamn Masterpiece and should be treated as such.

That kind of subject matter has been tackled in tons of other movies.

The thing that makes Scott Pilgrim slightly more relevant is that it incorporates things that are wholly unique to those twenty somethings that grew up with video games.

That kind of subject matter has been tackled in tons of other movies.

The thing that makes Scott Pilgrim slightly more relevant is that it incorporates things that are wholly unique to those twenty somethings that grew up with video games.

Maybe so, but the WAY it accomplishes it is brilliant. Thats the whole point.

Bandito Shake Cometh
Scott Pilgrim certainly reached cult status, but I would have a hard time selling the movie as a masterpiece with a straight face. And I like the movie.

Banned
And no I didnt say that you had to "GET" it to enjoy it. Thats kinda why the "get" was in quotation marks.

Thats one of the beauties of the movie, it works on SO many levels. Gamers get all the little nods and references to their culture, chicks get their love story (And by chicks here I mean guys and girls who love the sappy stuff) action junkies get some great fights, music lovers get some fantastic music, and the people who want a deeper story get all of this stuff combined together get a meaningful subtext for their own generation.

The fact that you couldnt find anything you like in it is baffling, and the only assumption that I can make is that you were there for the deeper story and missed it...or you were set out specifically to hate the movie, which knowing you is entirely possible. I also suppose you dont like Edgar Wright's style, and I guess I cant help you there...

This movie will be the swan song for the 90s generation, make no mistake about that. It'll will be our Breakfast Club.

Heh. I liked Hot fuzz. Also you don't know me, so don't assume you do. But remember

It's all your opinion dude :anime:

You seriously crack me up.

Harumph.
Maybe so, but the WAY it accomplishes it is brilliant. Thats the whole point.

True enough. I will say this though, the movie targets a very specific demographic with very specific tastes.

I encourage you to enjoy it, but please consider that it's not a movie for everyone.

True enough. I will say this though, the movie targets a very specific demographic with very specific tastes.

I encourage you to enjoy it, but please consider that it's not a movie for everyone.

I think its for a specific audience, but I think there IS something for everyone in it.

And the underlying story is something ANYONE can relate to.

But because it tanked at the box office Univeral pulled out of the big budget In The Mouth of Madness movie...