Life is showtime
Hey guys. I got a Wii yesterday, a 2nd hand one. I purchased it along with Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Smash Bros Brawl. Now, I wanted to have a kickass several hour session on Brawl. But nuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Here's the lowdown. My Wii plays Zelda plus all my Dad's games (one is newer than Brawl). Brawl is MINT condition, cleaned it myself just in case too. I downloaded the latest Wii update and with no luck. My Wii refuses to read Smash Bros. My Dad's Wii does read it though : \

My friend who used to be a tester at his local CEX (basically test hardware before they accept it for trade), thinks the lasers in my Wii are shot.

I have e-maield Nintendo Europe regarding this problem, I'm not expecting a reply anytime soon though so was wondering if anyone here had any expertise with things like this? *Cough* Shifty *Cough*

Shifty, get your ass over here :p

Banned
I have read that Smash bros on wii is a dual layer DVD and some wii's have issues playing it.

Lurker
Don't not expect a reply from Nintendo. They easily have the best customer service out of the three console makers. Yeah, you'll all say I'm a joke because Wii is my favorite system, but they really do give the best experience so don't give up hope yet!

Life is showtime
Hee hee, got a reply from Nintendo.

They mentioned it is most likely because Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the Wii's first ever dual layer disc. They said the Wii's lens will more than likely need cleaning. Even if my Wii is out of warranty (highly likely) they are offering to clean my Wii for free. So I need to send off my console and my copy of SSB: B to their service centre and they'll do it for me. :)

I didn't not expect great service from Nintendo. Years ago when I dropped my GBA SP and fuxxed the screen up, I called them up, sent it off, and received a brand new one less than a week later. :thumbs:

Nintendo = teh best. Grew up loving them, had several unhappy stints with a PS3 and 360, got a Wii and I'm a kid again :3

Hey guys. I got a Wii yesterday, a 2nd hand one. I purchased it along with Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Smash Bros Brawl. Now, I wanted to have a kickass several hour session on Brawl. But nuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Here's the lowdown. My Wii plays Zelda plus all my Dad's games (one is newer than Brawl). Brawl is MINT condition, cleaned it myself just in case too. I downloaded the latest Wii update and with no luck. My Wii refuses to read Smash Bros. My Dad's Wii does read it though : \

My friend who used to be a tester at his local CEX (basically test hardware before they accept it for trade), thinks the lasers in my Wii are shot.

I have e-maield Nintendo Europe regarding this problem, I'm not expecting a reply anytime soon though so was wondering if anyone here had any expertise with things like this? *Cough* Shifty *Cough*

Shifty, get your ass over here :p

Are you a smoker?
If so... there is your problem. It's a double layer game.
The lens of the wii gets fucked up easily at homes where ppl smoke.
I know a few peops who have the same problem.